Started kickboxing...

IAK

So my daughters' boyfriend has a kickboxing gym and they have been after me for awhile now to try it. Been going for a week now (did 5 classes) and boy am I sore! I need to take off a few days...I must say it's very addicting. Has anybody every tried it? You can burn over 800 calories in one hour. To bad the old body can't keep up with the addiction. Maybe I should stick to building dh's...LOL

You go girl!

Chelsea and Natalie are going to try this Yoga dance thing. I do not know what it is. It is $12 a session but you can pay for the month and it is cheaper.

I told Chelsea to try one session, if she likes it sign up for the month. She is paying for Natalie to join her (i love that!)

Wow! Kickboxing! Sounds strenuous..... In my 40's I took up karate. The instructor made me work out with a 12-year-old boy because we were the same height ...... well that little bugger made me black and blue and after a month of going every day, I had to quit......

Tough sports!

:) Stick to it. It works EVERYTHING :)

I plan to if the old joints will just cooperate! My knees have been killing me since the class I took on Monday...need to take a break for a few days. I gotta tell ya though it's addicting!

Oh another thing....I've been having trouble with one of my knees and had an MRI done. Long story short the Doctor recommended I have a non invasive proceedure done to "clean out" the damaged cartilage behind my kneecap. Was gonna do it but after alot of research I think I'm gonna wait cause it doesn't always work. Figured I'd try a different workout instead. I can alway do it but can't undo it. He also said I may need a knee replacement someday! I'm 54 and don't wanna rush into anything. We'll see what happens

You go girl!!

Don't do the knee thing. Take glucosume for 6 months first. Then think about the surgery if you still feel you need it.

Yep that's what I decided to do Dee

You go Irene!!!

I need to find someting that works for me...

Will look into that kickboxing lol

It's great but taking a few days off cause I'm sore! You can go at your own pace it's fun