garfield photos

ilovecats

I finally put some garfield photos in my blog. i am sooooo excited that it is coming out as i envisioned!

I'm at the stage of putting siding on it but i spent the money on an armoire for my real house so i will have to wait a few weeks before i can buy some. So i will work on another house in the meantime. i still need to finish putting the shingles on my Westville or the exterior trim pieces on the Granville. Lots of other projects in various stages of completion...:giggle: anyway i'll try to get my staircases put together tomorrow and take photos so you can see in general how i have them in my mind!

Marg, it's gorgeous! I can see already that this house is going to be a show-stopper! I think I fell in love. The wallpaper and stair runner combination is mouth watering and with that cozy little nook under the octagon window, it will be perfect. I reeeeeeeeeally like the library too. Can I come live in your Garfield?

Deb

I just added more photos!

Oh now you've really done it. I'm going to HAVE to dig out my Garfield. :giggle: Love the stair runner...its inspiring a shopping trip now too. The library looks awesome as well. You've given me some great ideas and inspiration!!!!!!!

Thanks you guys ;)

Yes, Deb, I let you know when the work is completed, there will be plenty of room! I'll even share my nook with you!

I was going to put a built in bench just under the octagonal window but it is now going to encompass the whole corner. A corner bench. With a lovely corner bench cushion. I'm still undecided about the main floor wallpaper. Although it is lovely and so is the stair runner, i really really have envisioned it as a more red dominant room...especially when i picture the corner bench.....so i will most likely use the red version of the same wallpaper, just need to find a different ribbon for the stairs. Holly, thanks for the hint of putting a larger ribbon under the small rose ribbon, that is a great idea. i may not be able to use it for this project, but certainly for another. Probably my Glencroft which i'm thinking about starting soon. In fact i will start it really soon as i won't be able to get my siding for this house for another few weeks. might as well work on the new Glencroft. I have spackle, stain, glue and masking tape so i can get alot done on that house. Speaking of the Glencroft, when i built my first one, i thought about adding onto the kitchen but didn't. i think i will with this new kit. heck, might as well since i bash everything else.

Oh now you've really done it. I'm going to HAVE to dig out my Garfield. ;) Love the stair runner...its inspiring a shopping trip now too. The library looks awesome as well. You've given me some great ideas and inspiration!!!!!!!

Shar! Do get started! Lets have a Garfield building crew going on! Corwin is building his right now and doing a major major bash. I'm just doing a major bash...lol...Can't wait to see what you do with yours!

Shar! Do get started! Lets have a Garfield building crew going on! Corwin is building his right now and doing a major major bash. I'm just doing a major bash...lol...Can't wait to see what you do with yours!

Just tip me over the edge would ya?...LOL Too funny. What is holding me back is that I either need to work on it in my living room or bash it so I can work in my second bedroom where I have everything set up doing the Coventry. The problem with the second bedroom is the door isn't big enough so I'll have to bash it and since the Coventry is only my first house I'm a little intimidated about bashing yet...but I'll get there ;)

Well not to coppy however I am going with a red theme downstairs, predominantly cream with lots of red and a red wall, I want to redo the floors in a parquet, I just finished the bars for Nigel cage I will add an Arthur to the side If it fits. I need a dining room and the butler needs his room I got him a Murphy bed. ;)

Marg, your modifications to the Garfield are awesome! I'm intrigued by the "dead spot". When I saw it, I immediatly thought of hidden treasure, a rat, dust, old papers ... just think of what former residents may have hidden there to keep it safe from soldiers or pirates or thieves in general. I wouldn't close it off, but I would put in a trap door in the flooring and then slide a piece of furniture over it. I love a house with secrets! ;)

What is the purpose of that little cubby? Somewhere to hide an electrical strip? A troll? I like the trap door idea. Or make it some kind of recessed bookcase or shelf for the room on the right.

The little cubby never had a purpose. it was the easiest solution for the changes that i was making with the walls. like an end result that i didn't really want. it's something i can live with tho because the floor plan turned out just as i envisioned (except now i have the little cubby). I do have to say that i LOVE kathieb's idea....i may do just that! turn it into a secret space... :lol: I just honestly don't want to move the wall, like i said i find that room to be just as i want it and i would have to either lose or cover up the staircase on the second floor. i don't want to do that....that is why i made changes to this house. i didn't like how the back corner was hidden and unseen, the same with the staircase. If i moved the wall over i would enclose the room again in the back corner and i really like it the way it is now. :):wave: I love the large room with the staircase, the bay/window seat and the french doors. I can just imagine sitting in that room with the french doors open and a light breeze blowing the curtains.

Thanks Wendy :)