My Mckinley Progress

Liggysasha

So I've been slowly working away at it. I'm a bit slow as my time to work on it is very limited. But I'm getting there! A few more pictures in my gallery.

As you can see the house still houses trains and trucks - my toddler is still obessed with it!!!!

I'm on a very very tight budget now... well actually a zero budget for the rest of the project! (We had most of our savings in an uninsured bank account with an Icelandic bank. They went under went and looks like we've lost all our money - yikes!) But I've already got quite a a few pieces of furniture, a few light fixtures that my mother gave me and most of the other supplies I'll need. It just means things like the flooring will have to be printies rather than bought. But it's going to be fun to see what I can come up with!

Any mini zero budget tips anyone?

...I'm on a very very tight budget...actually a zero budget for the rest of the project...means things like the flooring will have to be printies rather than bought. But it's going to be fun to see what I can come up with!

Any mini zero budget tips anyone?

Doesn't mean any such thing! Look through my albums in the Gallery, if you want to see what you can accomplish on a near-zero mini budget, and use your "Search" feature to check the tips, especially the DIY topic that's pinned at the top of this forum. Ask specific questions, For example, flooring: stirsticks, craft sticks, self-adhesive vinyl tile (can be cut down into smaller sections or individual tiles, scored, etc), faux painting techniques; I scribe my "floorboards" directly into the plywood. In fact, that's precisely how I did my McKinley's floors!

Doesn't mean any such thing! Look through my albums in the Gallery, if you want to see what you can accomplish on a near-zero mini budget, and use your "Search" feature to check the tips, especially the DIY topic that's pinned at the top of this forum. Ask specific questions, For example, flooring: stirsticks, craft sticks, self-adhesive vinyl tile (can be cut down into smaller sections or individual tiles, scored, etc), faux painting techniques; I scribe my "floorboards" directly into the plywood. In fact, that's precisely how I did my McKinley's floors!

Thanks everyone.

Actually Holly, I do look at your photos are time to time to check my progress! I've caught a few of my mistakes by checking your photos! So far not done anything 'too' bad!

I do love the DIY projects thread. I've just found a big box of polymer clays that I had forgotten I own! Score! So now I can make a few more things! Very excited!

Your McKinley looks great, and I love your porch flooring. It's amazing how many zero $ tips you can pick up here in the forum - these folks are really clever.

My McKinley is in a box yelling at me to begin, but I only have enough room to work on one house at a time.

It's the only house I've built, so I've nothing to compare it to. But it does seem very easy to build! Everything seems very straight forward. Although I won't bash this kit, I've thought of a few ways I would bash it, if I had more confidence. It really is a beauty!