Aster Cottage

WyckedWood

I know it doesnt look like much yet, I really need to work to round out the angles of the roof with the tea, may need a few layers to get the look I want.

There are pictures of the original thatch on my webshots,I liked it at first but it became very brittle and was just too big.

more pictures in the gallery...

I love this cottage does anyone know if its still being made? I havent seen one advertised forever. And is Corona owned by Greenleaf??

Nice.

Corona is owned by Greenleaf. They aren't making the Aster Cottage currently. They may bring it back at a later time. I bought one on eBay not too long ago.

Its looking better still have more rounding off to do. I think I will really like this when I add some fall colored moss and maybe a dusting of snow,I want a late fall,going into winter look.

Corwin, do you mean the original thatch? It was excelsior. The stuff I have on now is black tea(orange pekoe)Ive used almost 100 tea bags.

Yes, thats my big boy on my webshots, his name is Scout,yesterday was his 3rd birthday:)

This was him at only 3 mos. Hes a Great Pyrenees, hes gorgeous inside and out.

The Aster Cottage is discontinued??? Wow, this is news to me. I had been browsing the Corona Concepts site not too long ago and I could have sworn I saw it there. What attracted me to it was the roof line and I was trying to figure out what they used on it to make it look "thick". I even remember checking out the interior photos of it. So weird.

Im not sure if this is what you meant,but the instructions give directions for putting Stucco on the roof,and the kit comes with the stucco. Thats if youre going for the Santas Cottage.

I value mine a lot more now that Im hearing its discontinued. Funny how that works. I do see them on ebay once in awhile,but not often.

Well they can unshelf it, I think HBS should use it for a Creatin' Contest kit! I like your roof, but is it orange pekoe or cut black? They're different & I wonder which one would NOT appeal to our bugs... I'm sort of partial to Formosa Oolong, myself...

Well, the box said 100%black tea,orange pekoe. Its a generic store brand SunnySelect. It didnt say anything about cut black,but I didnt look that carefully.I bet the brown color comes from that orange pekoe...just thought of that. I mix it with a little bit of Lipton loose tea. But the main effect needs to come from the black tea,the loose tea is just a little extra texture that isnt necessary. Its a totally different look than green tea,which doesnt look as good IMO.

Weve talked about this before when I mentioned using this effect on my San Fran,whether it(tea) would attract bugs. I havent had a problem and I live in a buggy area too,but not the same humidity as you. I just think when the tea is smashed into that glue...I use modpodge, it takes the smell of the tea away and sort of becomes this hard flat surface that I cant imagine a bug being attracted to.

Im partial to chamomile,but drink regular green during the day:)need that caffeine...

Thank you,Im really diggin it too,its been easy and fun. Im going to try to have my Witching Hour Pub open for business October 31st. Youre all invited to the Grand Opening! Come as you are and bring your familiars,all are welcome!

Corwin, do you mean the original thatch? It was excelsior. The stuff I have on now is black tea(orange pekoe)Ive used almost 100 tea bags.

Yes, thats my big boy on my webshots, his name is Scout,yesterday was his 3rd birthday:)

This was him at only 3 mos. Hes a Great Pyrenees, hes gorgeous inside and out.

I meant after, but i realized after that it was already stated,, It looks really good,And your dog very nice, Does he dig? I have a theory tha most white like to dogs dig. Some where around here I have my aster cottage to dig out, It was a witches cottage. My big sis was 'cleaning' And I think she may have throwen the box out. On pupose or not i don't know but I miss it, after seeing yours.

Thanks Jennifer, I'll let you know if I see one anywhere online. There was one on ebay a few weeks ago.When Im looking for a specific house I always do a 'saved search' on ebay so they will email me if what Im looking for comes up for auction.