What's the difference? Tole/regular craft paint

justmesue

Seriously, I've been wondering what is the difference between those little bottles of paint. I have some that are marked tole paint, and others that just say craft paint. I have used them both and they pretty much seem to have the same effect on what I'm painting. Is there any reason the tole paint should cost more, and what is the difference supposed to be, if there is one? What's the tole paints claim to fame, so to speak? I ended up with a few bottles of tole paint simply because I liked the color, and it did cost more. Thanks!

Just a suggestion, I buy acrylic ppaints in tubes of pure color; whenever one of the craft stores has their art supplies on sale that include paint, or Utrecht's has one of their blow-out sales, I check my supplies to see which colors I'm low on and stock up (I mix my own colors, so stick with primary colors, browns, black & white). You can mix a bit of the tube color with semigloss interior latex paint to make custom colors, and you can knead the minutest bit of the tube color with your polymer clay to color it. I promise you it's a whole lot cheaper than buying all those little bottles of craft paints. You can thin the tube colors with water to whatever consistency you want to paint with, and you can get an extender to thin them like watercolors (I use this to make translucent & transparent colors for "stained glass").