newbie intro

Hi Everyone,

I'm glad to have found this forum. I used to build and collect dollhouses 10 yrs ago. Then in 1999 I lost my dollhouses (and real house!) in the massive Oklahoma tornado, and I couldn't enjoy the hobby afterwards.

I seem to be getting back into the swing now, and my neighbor just gave me two kits: a Bobbi and a Newburg. I noticed several members here have Newburgs in their webshots albums. I hope that means it's a fairly straightforward kit!

I also have a Primrose kit and a gypsy caravan kit - I plan to start on those soon. At the moment I'm finishing my first "new collection" dollhouse and a kitchen roombox.

I've enjoyed looking through people's albums. Here's the start of mine:

http://community.webshots.com/user/wonderwizzy

Wizzy :blink:

Hello There and WELCOME to the forum! We have several members that have built the Newburg and it is a very pretty kit. The instructions are not as clear as I would like but the end result is a completed & beautiful house! :blink:

Welcome, Wizzy, I think David is building a gypsy caravan, also. I have a Newburg kit, it's in line after the Willowcrest & a couple of bashes.

I'm so glad you got your mini-bug back, hope this time things are better.

Welcome Wizzy! I am very sorry to hear about the twister and your loss of the houses, but I do thank you for the pictures, and I love Millie's Place, and the dolls!

In regard to the Newberg, it does have some design flaws, but if you know that up front and are prepared for it, you should be OK. There may be areas which don't align properly, and I have seen that in all of the Newberg's that I have seen built (and Nutti had the same problems with hers too I think). Although I could not correct the design flaws in the construction phase, I was able to use baseboard and other things to cover it up, and quite personally, I think the Newberg is one of the prettiest houses that we had ever built.

Also, please bear in mind that we were building the Newberg at a time when my Mom was staying with us while recuperating from several different surgeries and were cramped for space, so that may have been some of our frustration as well ...

I only blame the design for all the trouble with that house.

but it does cover up well and looks wonderful in the end. just being prepared for problems did helpp with the frustration...but in the end it is a beautiful house.

definatly worth the venture!

nutti :blink:

Oh, Wizzy,  I really like the little wooden dog!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's a cutie isn't he??

My dad carved him along with two dolls. The dog's name is Splinter, the little boy is Twig and the black haired doll is Matchstick :blink: Wish I still had the dollhouse he made for me when I was a little girl - it was pure 1970's glam LOL!

Wizzy