I'm am insanely addicted to refurbishing my china patterns - new pics of my mini spode and willow

Elsbeth

Well, being as I bought a packet of 20 sheets of waterslide decal inkjet paper, and being as I LOVE doing these china pattern makeovers on my cheap dollhouse china, I thought I'd show you my favorite dishes so far:

china2.jpg

I am loving the calico pattern! And willow and spode blue italian work nicely. I'm not sure what the smaller busier bird pattern is (Imperial?), but I love it too.

In real life I'm partial to blue&white china but I can't afford it...that must be why I am making loads of it in miniature!

china_redone.jpg

And there are so many more...I am going to have build a china shop for this collection.

Hmmm...I could be high on the clear nailpolish I'm using to give them that laquered shine.

Here's my attempt at a set of blue flow dishes (pardon the dust!):

china3.jpg

Whew!

I'm working on a tutorial so that any other china pattern addicts can try this method if they like.

Gorgeous and what a great work you have done!

A china shop would be a great way to be able to allow yourself have a lot more fun!!! B) A large china shop....

Hugs

oh gosh, yes! Please show us how! I love blue and white and have a few pieces that came down through Jim's family. Wish I could afford to add, but I'd soo love to make some in mini.

Your work is beautiful!!!!

BTW, where did you get your decal sheets? I wish my color printer was working! Grrrrr......as I have some plain white platters which could use something like that to jazz them up! I just love your china! Looks like it cost a fortune!

Wow! I just realized that I bought a whole pack of that decal paper a couple of years ago to make some Superman decals for my husband. I have probably 15-20 pieces left. I am definitely going to make myself some Blue Willow. Or, I may make a set of Japan Violets, which is the set we have which belonged to my mother-in-law!

Whoo-Hoo....this is going to be GREAT!

I just love your work and can't wait to learn your techniques! :yes:

Somebody told me about your work, but I accidently deleted the message, so I'm glad to have found you! I am not happy with most mini china I see and had toyed with various ideas in making my own. I'll watch for your tutorial. :)

I found decal paper tonight! I was at the mall and went into the Coin & Hobby store. They have a few dollhouses, but nothing to be considered a miniature store and no miniatures, but I asked if they had inkjet decal paper and they did. I was so happy. It's Testors brand so I would think you could probably buy it at Michael's, also, in the Testors aisle. Now I have to get a new color ink cartridge and start using it. I want to try the plates, but I have a few other things I want to try it on, also.

I found decal paper tonight! I was at the mall and went into the Coin & Hobby store. They have a few dollhouses, but nothing to be considered a miniature store and no miniatures, but I asked if they had inkjet decal paper and they did. I was so happy. It's Testors brand so I would think you could probably buy it at Michael's, also, in the Testors aisle. Now I have to get a new color ink cartridge and start using it. I want to try the plates, but I have a few other things I want to try it on, also.

I will check my Michael's tomorrow and see if they have it...although they are remodeling, not sure if I can find ANYTHING at this point, but I really want to try this! The china cabinet in the Pierce wants some fancy plates, no cheap stuff allowed... :o