Chopping the Canterbury roof off

pin1056

ok i want to raise the roof of my built Canterbury...those tiny atticy rooms annoy me...such a waste of space :lol:

Questions:

can it be done?

How?

where do i chop? :giggle:

Do I add to the roofline or chop it off at the ground floor ceiling?

Do i even bother? :lol:

Has anyone done this or similar?

I hate the rooms as they are but i am scared i'll wreck the whole thing :D

That is one most beautiful house! I personally wouldn't cut the roof off to alter it, at this point in time. I would be looking for a smaller bathroom set. I have that same set, and it is rather large, for an attic. There are also some small beds, a little brown trundle perhaps, that would likely fit to make a bedroom. Variations in furniture size is very common even in 1:12 scale. It is however, your choice if you wish to attempt doing a bash/rehab of your house.

Well it finished so i would try a 16th scale or half scale in the attic if you did want to chop it down there would be a lot of work,I would chop off right where the floor starts and build from there, strait for about two to three inches and angled after that , maybe even stack another one and alter that attic.

I wanted to alter the Storybook Cottage, the first rehab I ever did, but in its case I wanted to lower the second floor because it was far enough up that I could have lowered it and made two floors of a nice cottage size to go with smaller 1:12 furniture. It was too firmly glued and, as it was for Toys for Tots, I didn't really want to cut it apart and splice the inserts to raise it.

I have a Canterbury too. The top floor is small and odd, but very cute. This is such a quaint little house and the scale is off, but I love it! Your house is too beautiful just the way it is. :giggle: