What is your greatest dollhouse / miniature bargain?

Hallowell

My two sets of china that I adore. One set is blue roses on cream and the other is a pink and green set. I immediately sat down and made cloth napkins with gold napkin rings for them, place mats, table cloths, and table runners. I absolutely adore china dishes in miniature. These two sets are part of a large trade and I just love them. I take them out of their boxes and actually play with them. I have mini foods and some mini fruits for one that has a basket. One set has vases that I have put flowers in. they are very dainty and very lovely. I have made centerpieces for them as well. My goal is to have other dish sets and silverware. I still love my collection of Chrysnbon "silverware." And of course my set of pewter silverware that I got from Krista on FreeCycle. I plan many parties and occasions for my dollhouse when it's built! LOL

My best bargain was the "Mystery House". It was one of the first things that I wrote about on my blog. I paid 9.00 for it at a garage sale! It is a Duracraft Linfield. It was pretty much built and had all of the pieces that the owner hadn't attached. I had to redo and repaint etc., but it was worth every penny of the 9.00! I am still working on it off and on.

I got the Emerson Row for $30 off of Craigslist...I thought that was a steal!

I also got a brand new, sealed in the box Beacon Hill not too long ago for only $100.

I got the Buttercup kit for $5.00 (retails for $22.99) AND two corner Street of Shops for $5.00 each (retails for $79.20) and the two-window Street of Shops for $5.00 (retails for $79.20). Now that's a bargain! Got all these goodies at AC Moore!

Lynne

well hmmmmmmmmmmmmm........... probably my bar set.. got the newcastle bar, bar and 2 stools for $39.95...bargain!!!

Of course this started me off on Nathanials well named 'bespaq "crack" addiction' :angry: so it probably wasnt quite so much a bargain in the long run :wave: why is bespaq etc so expensive grrrrrrrrrr and why do i now have to have it :giggle:

The best bargain I ever ran into was what got me hooked onto dollhouses & minis; I found a corner of a Dura-Craft San Franciscan kit poking out from under a huge 8' high pile of sporting goods in our newly-opened Sam's Club fifteen years ago and DH helped me wiggle it out from under the pile and load it in our cart. It was marked US$60 and when we went through the checkout it rang up US$30.

I had a Tennyson given to me at work. It needed paint and TLC. It included a ride home, and delivery to my door. There have been many Ebay purchases that I could only afford to put the minimum bid on, and won them anyway, out of sheer luck, as they were almost freebies. The best I think was the Queen cast iron stove for a penny!

probably the twenty plus pieces of old artisan and Williamsburg furniture I bought a few years ago from a lady unloading her mom's collection. I gulped at the price I paid then, but the pieces are lovely and now occupy the Glencroft. There's even a sterling silver compote, nice porcelain and pewter pieces.

I got a Lafayette off of freecycle for free.

I also got a Newport which I thought was absolutely fantastic until I opened it and found out that more than half of it was missing. :giggle:

Another find on freecycle was a box full of stuff. I got some wonderful mini baskets, a reutters toilet paper roll and holder, a living room set, a grand piano with stool, a music stand. Also I got some HOM kits all for free.

The Newport was also free, but like I said more than half of it was missing

Wow you guys!

I just picked up a already built (okay it's rough to say the least) Garfield!! Free!

I knew the Garf was big but it's not big...It's monsterous!!

I'm finally going to have a Haunted Mansion! Whoooohooooo!

It needs about 3000 shingles, and all kinds of trim work, and lots of sanding, electrical wired in and some of the wallpaper is fabric that was not well done but it's fabulous, and already built!

I'll post pics soon :)

So this is my best find of all!