oh yum!

bookmarm

so I crawl out of my deathbed today and stop by the grocery store for a few things. Of course tissues are on my list because I've honked through all the paper products (and started on the towels) in our house with this icky cold. I treated myself to a wonderful thing: Puffs tissues that have Vicks added. These are really REALLY nice. Oh, I wish I'd had these a few days ago. I'm just holding one of those babies over my sore nose and having a spa moment! Oh what a splurge, but this is sooo nice.... :(

Also spotted Hershey Kisses in Candy Corn flavor! Another Yum! I'm feeling much better now!

Those Vicks tissues are WONDERFUL!!!!!!! Whenever I get sick, that is the first thing on my sickbed shopping list! They are a bit more expensive than regular tissues, but I figure that I only get them when I am sick, and they make me feel sooooo much better, so it is totally worth it! One of my co-workers told me about these tabs he gets when he is sick. I guess they are like dissolving Vicks that you put in the shower, and they combine with the steam/hot water to help you breathe better. Anyone know offhand what those are called?

Hope you feel better very soon!

I read this topic earlier before i went shopping and i looked for those tissues as i have a horrible cold and could not find them i was so disappointed :(

I got a bottle of eucalyptus oil instead and am burning it in my oil burner it is helping quite a bit i can almost breathe again. The other thing i find helpful is a lozenge called fishermans friend. They taste awful but they clear up the sinuses and soothe sore throats I get the origional extra strong ones and they help so much!

I could not find the kisses either so i will have to settle for actual candy corn i found some at the grocery store a couple weeks ago they had three different kinds, the normal ones and then they had candy apple flavored ones and caramel ones the caramel ones are not that great but the cany apple ones are soooo yummy

I hope you feel better soon i know how awful it is being sick *hugs*

well, I didn't pass inspection at work, so I'm back home to give it one more day. I won't growl about that, but I felt much better till I got there and then the tum decided to be miserable. I'm not gungho to spread the bugs to coworkers, so I left willingly. Our busy morning time at the library is right at opening, then later when school gets out. I got the cash register drawer balanced, the money report sent in, and the stats that needed to go in morning delivery. There's enough staff to cover the morning easily till the next person arrives at noon.

I left a box of the Vicks Puffs as a love gift for them. One staff member had already draped one over her face and was making 'happy sinus' noises.

I used the last of my shower lozenges the other night. I think they're called "Shower Soothers" and have a Vicksey kind of smell to them as they dissolve on the shower floor. I can also recommend Dr Bonners Peppermint soap that I found recently for sale at Target. We used to buy it in camping stores a long time ago.

I'm really feeling a whole lot better than sun/mon! I have no excuse to ignore working on the Lincoln house or starting the krummerow house.

Have you tried a Hot Tottie yet. My Dad use to drink one of those when he got a cold and it cleared it right up. Also, a good syrup is get some Jack Daniels, any whiskey would work I think, and one old fashion peppermint stick, let it sit in the bottle till it disolves and take a shot when you need it. The whiskey and sugar will never go bad so you don't have to worry about experation dates like with OTC meds.

we usually have a medicinal whiskey sour for colds. You got your OJ in there for vitamin C, a good shot of allpurpose Kentucky sleep aid, and a cherry. This used to be my FIL's favorite drink after Labor day. When Memorial day arrived he'd switch to gin & tonic.

I found them at our local Kroger grocery store. Mine have sort of a blue swirly designed box, though can't remember if there were other colors.

They really are nice for snorty stuffy noses. I hope you can find them folks, or maybe we can work out a personal shopper/shipper deal for those willing to wait by the mailbox :giggle:

Since our tour of the Heaven Hill distillery and discovering 18-year-old single barrel bourbon I haven't had a cold in three years (less than a shot of bourbon with an equal or slightly greater amount of plain water, sipped over the span of an hour, once every few days).

Well, there ya go! We found the CURE!

...and Vicks tissues....

I made it through a whole day back at work. Had just a few croupy jags, during which I escaped to the back workroom and did solitary 'busy' work (adding or deleting books out of the library system/boxing donations). A local garden club came by with huge planters they've donated to sit outside our front doors. They even planted them with lovely herbs and perenials, so the plain-jane front of this tiny library looks SO much nicer now!!

Getting over a cold is a lot more fun when you're feeling well enough to return to work/ full activity. Glad you're on the mend, Gayle, but keep up the clear liquids and any prescribed meds until they're gone.

So glad you're feeling better, Gayle. Being sick is no fun.

Mom used to give us whiskey and honey when we were kids for a cold. That was the NASTIEST stuff. I can remember trying to hide that I had a cold from Mom more than once.

The stuff candy companies come out with these days...too bad they's gotten rid of some of the things I really liked.

Terri