Showcase Our Miniature Finds

Minis On The Edge

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/6/2008, 11:30:45, Kitten said:

This is my latest acquisition, and I'm looking forward to even more of these pieces. Between JBM and Bespaq, I'm spoiled from any other dh furniture :giggle:

Hi!

How is everyone seeing the pics that Kitten put up of her new acquisition?  I don't see it in her post.  Do I need to go to an album or gallery to see it?

Thanks,

-terri

56 minutes ago, TerriAnn said:

Hi!

How is everyone seeing the pics that Kitten put up of her new acquisition?  I don't see it in her post.  Do I need to go to an album or gallery to see it?

Thanks,

-terri

It's from 2008. Probably deleted to allow room for additional posts or lost due to software upgrades.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

Matt, honey, you have hit paydirt!

The box of paper alone!  It was completely full of several sheets of great patterns.  I am not sure I can use some of the templates and tools, but it was a great find!  Right place, right time.  I am rarely on that website. :cucumber:

• Like 1

Matt, this gives a whole new depth of meaning to "The wonders of modern technology!" If not for your neighbor's move to digital and you wandering into the right website ... Nice catch!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found these the other day on eBay. They looked just shabby enough and old enough to go into the casetta. It looks perfect for an old Italian house.

598d1cc61527c_sinkandstove.thumb.jpg.69f

I'll have to figure out a way to get the top of the stove off so I can put it back straight. But I love this set. I'm thinking of taking some tiled wallpaper I have and covering the top of the stove and the sink. If I covered the stove top, I might not cover that metal piece between the burners, though. What do  you guys think?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

...If I covered the stove top, I might not cover that metal piece between the burners, though. What do  you guys think?

I think that metal piece between the burners is the griddle.  I don't think Id tile the stove top.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

I found these the other day on eBay. They looked just shabby enough and old enough to go into the casetta. It looks perfect for an old Italian house.

I'll have to figure out a way to get the top of the stove off so I can put it back straight. But I love this set. I'm thinking of taking some tiled wallpaper I have and covering the top of the stove and the sink. If I covered the stove top, I might not cover that metal piece between the burners, though. What do  you guys think?

Love these just they way they are. But then I'm a sucker for a vintage kitchen set.. and I have a real thing for stoves. :)

16 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

I love these!  I agree with the others--don't cover the tops! They are lovely just the way they are.  If you really want to add tile, maybe just the back splash area?

Since microwaving metal to loosen the glue is out, you might be able to pop that oven in the real oven to heat the glue.  Maybe a putty knife?  I love both pieces.  I wouldn't cover them up, either. :) 

Ixnay on tiling the horizontal surfaces. I'd use tile on the wall behind the stove and sink, but the metal tops are perfect as is. I would not tile the metal backsplash on the sink.

I once had a tee shirt given to me by a dear friend. It read: "True art is knowing when to stop." I think it applies to our dollhouses, too. It doesn't take much to go over the top when we're fiddling with tiny treasures.

I thought of that and I looked at those room combos from Old World Tiles, but I really don't like anything there. Besides, I never did like tiled walls. They always make me feel cold (which in hot countries, is the idea I suppose). But I don't even like walls tiled halfway up, either.

Anyway, if you know that Seixas tile that What's Next has, I have two sheets of that and I think I'll use that to tile the entire interior floor of that room. Upstairs the floors will be wood and downstairs, I think some kind of stone or maybe even brick (although I'm thinking of doing a ceiling in brick). On the outside porch, I'll tile it with red pavers and do something fancy with the steps coming up to the second floor porch.

Other than that, I haven't thought much about any interior decoration.

Anyway, the sink and stove arrived yesterday and I think I'll put them along that back wall and keep the fridge in the corner where it is in the picture. That gives the room that sort of old, awkward look older rooms have, when appliances started coming along and were fit in anywhere they could be fit.

On 8/15/2017, 2:24:10, rodentraiser said:

(although I'm thinking of doing a ceiling in brick)

Will your mini masons suspend the law of gravity while constructing this?