Another newcomer;

Hi everyone, As I said, I am not new to miniatures; have been into the hobby since the 70's so I guess that lets everyone know that I am no spring chicken.....but one doesn't need to be young to enjoy our wonderful hobby. The first dollhouse was a homemade one, built for my two daughters. Those girls are grown and the youngest has three children of her own. At present I am not doing much of anything in the hobby because I have been working full time the past five years. Having found this group will hopefully encourage me to use my free time to much better advantage....I really need to get going on a new project. I have built many dollhouses over the years, 9 Greenleafs and others as well. My favorite, which still needs a few finishing touches, is a Real Good Toys house, The Thornhill. It is really finished except for some landscaping and a few more curtains. I am one of those who never had a dollhouse when I was young; guess you might say I have made up for it in my grown up years!! I look forward to seeing pics of all of your projects; am sure you must be a very inspirational group.

Nancye Fisher in Miami.

Hi Nancye - you have come to the right place for inspiration! This group is unbelievably helpful, supportive, and generous. We have a lot of fun here - all the while learning and sharing tips, techniques, pics and links. You're going to enjoy yourself - it's guaranteed! :banana:

Welcome to the forum family, Nancye, and mini thanks for posting your intro. We have quite a few FL members, and Gina/butterflyex is in Miami. In fact, she is looking for a new home for her RGT Sterling Estates; if you have the room, check out the Trading Post.

What GL houses have you built? JudithA has a Thronhill and probably Marg/ilovecats, too.

Hi welcome to the forum!

After you make 5 or more posts, you can create a gallery and we would love to see photos of your projects!

I LOVE the Thornhill so it would be awesome to see photos! I have 2 thornhills! one is a shell kit still in the box, the other is one that i purchased already built but it needs to be rehabed. At the end of the month i'll move it back out to the garage so that i can get started on it.

We love eye candy so please please share photos! :p have fun reading posts and viewing the galleries, we have alot of talented people here and great advice! We'd love for you to contribute!

Welcome to the forum family, Nancye, and mini thanks for posting your intro. We have quite a few FL members, and Gina/butterflyex is in Miami. In fact, she is looking for a new home for her RGT Sterling Estates; if you have the room, check out the Trading Post.

What GL houses have you built? JudithA has a Thronhill and probably Marg/ilovecats, too.

My thoughts EXACTLY! Go for it.......I would love, love, love that house....and welcome!

Thanks for all of the welcome messages; can't wait to start checking out all of the gallery pictures. Holly, you asked which GL houses I have built....they are: 3 Arthurs, 2 Mckinleys, 1 each Willocrest, storybook cottage, Pierce and the Glencroft. Like many of you I am sure, there are numerous kits waiting to be considered for production....the Garfield, another McKinley and a Beacon Hill. It is a rainy Saturday today so it seems a perfect time for mini work.....after I check out a few gallery pics, that is.

Nancye

Well, you said you'd built 9...lol Two more posts and you can share some of the pictures of them with us. One of the exciting things I look forward to is the release of new kits & rerelease of old favorites!

Welcome to the forum Nancye! I hope that you'll make a couple more posts and put some photos in the gallery. We can't seem to get enough dollhouse and mini eye-candy on this forum. I look forward to chatting with you.

-Susanne

Hi and :giggle: to the forum!

I have built a Thornhill and I love that house! :banana: . I think everyone should build at least one Thornhill, if not more. It is the most adaptable house! I made mine into an Art Deco -Spanish Eclectic. If you would like to see it, it is on http://community.webshots.com/user/irismarch2 as "La Malcontenta".

Please post pictures of your Thornhill -- did I say that I just love that house?!! :o

:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...