Forum Upgrade

This look is just temporary. I wanted to have something in place while the designer is working on our new look. Thanks to all of you for your input.

EDIT: I know that we have a lot of international members and our temporary look might seem a little exclusive. I figured that this was a good short term solution because we can use it on holidays like Presidents Day and the Fourth of July. The only other holiday the designer (who happens to be in Glen's part of the world) had available was Valentines Day which was pink and full of little hearts. After the pasting I took over the GI Joe issue, I almost went with the pink one, but I figured it was time to take the bow out of my hair and finally take a stand, so I dedicate our interim look to a true American Hero... GI Joe!

After the pasting I took over the GI Joe issue, I almost went with the pink one, but I figured it was time to take the bow out of my hair and finally take a stand, so I dedicate our interim look to a true American Hero... GI Joe!

I consider this look to be a kind of areobic exercise plan. Every time the page refreshes, I have to stand up and salute.

Deb

Why didn't you choose the Valentines Day theme, Dean? :D I love pink and little hearts! :):p

I was very surprised by the new look, have never seen a forum theme like this before! :D It's a great idea to use it on American holidays in future. But I'm glad to hear that the Greenleaf style will return! :D

Dean, I just hope you don't have to work 24 hours on the new forum! I want to thank you for all what you are doing for our little internet community!

To quote the bad guy from Robocop: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually kinda kewel. Good idea to use it on hoildays, not exclusive, after all Greenleaf is an American company. Interesting thought, it's prolly likely that more Brits own Greenleaf houses than Dollshouse Emporium houses. I mean their's are going on a thousand quid for some of their better ones. I guess there's some exclusivity there, but hey, you want exclusive Noel Thomas has a custom house on his site for a mere $30,000 US plus $2600 shipping within the continental US.

Doogster, you have a point. I guess GL is a little hard to get over in the UK. Though the English look is quite in vogue these days, I know several people who have DHE mini real estate...they are quite beautiful.

Kind of like the red, white and blue. Very patriotic.

This look is just temporary. I wanted to have something in place while the designer is working on our new look. Thanks to all of you for your input.

EDIT: After the pasting I took over the GI Joe issue, I almost went with the pink one, but I figured it was time to take the bow out of my hair and finally take a stand, so I dedicate our interim look to a true American Hero... GI Joe!

Hear hear! I like the colors, just a bit glaring on the eyes is all.

I consider this look to be a kind of areobic exercise plan. Every time the page refreshes, I have to stand up and salute.

Deb

I'm with you on this one!

That's exactly what I thought . . . I must stand up and salute!! :)

Personaly I like the new "look", very professional, just find the dark colours to harsh. Come here to relax, chill out, get abused, show off (if I've done anything) and log off.

Deb

:D Too funny.

Dean, thanks for all the hard work you put in to make this forum a fun place to hang out. :lol:

Dean, thanks for all the hard work you put in to make this forum a fun place to hang out. :D

<nodding in agreement> Your hard work is truly appreciated Dean. You created a warm and wonderful cyber home for us where we can make new friends, have a great time together and nurture our obsessions, er, I mean lifestyle, um, well, you know what I mean. The forum is the first place I go when I get up in the morning and the last place I visit at night. I'm happy when I'm here. :lol: All the improvements you've added have made it even better.

<raising glass in a toast> To Dean!

Deb

Thanks for the kind words, but this forum is somewhat like my dollhouses; I just make the kits, it's all of you who turn them into beautiful dollhouses! Here I just provide the place to gather and it's you who have made it such a wonderful community!

Thanks for the kind words, but this forum is somewhat like my dollhouses; I just make the kits, it's all of you who turn them into beautiful dollhouses! Here I just provide the place to gather and it's you who have made it such a wonderful community!

I just make the kits he says! Sheesh - Dean buddy you need a kick in the pants - "just" as if oh that's nothing :( Heck if it wasn't for you're great kits I'd still be sitting back going .. wow a house looks cool and I'd love to have one.. but.. I just don't have the skills to make one. These kits are what allow us all to be creative and have a lot of FUN !! Just like this forum allows us all to share ideas and brainstorm, and get feedback and answers to our questions and help when we're stuck and a pat on the back when we do good or a hug when we do something not so wonderful :) And there's something else you forgot - the attitude of a place runs from the top down. Any company with typically unhappy employees is because management is unhappy. A company or group with lots of happy people involved is because the leaders are happy.

And talk about above and beyond the call of duty - you've all made this a place not just to talk about Greenleaf kits - but all kits and even from scratch projects and everything and anything miniature related! Now that's something! I tell you what (best Hank Hill impression)

So buddy, like it or not this place is all because of you and Tracy and the top folks that are involved in this project and you all deserve a big THANK YOU - for making this a friendly, fun, safe, reliable place where we can all come and talk, share and learn more about this super hobby!

And that's my 10 cents worth ;)

-David

Thanks David, but you give me too much credit. Then I was building the Greenleaf Dollhouses website, I added the forum not expecting very much. I remember that I was just experimenting and I type a post asking about shingles under a test account and then another question under my gals name. I came back the next day and there was an answer from someone called myminishop (no spaces back then). I said cool and came back two years later to find over 8,000 post! Tracy was getting zero support from me back then and after I got to know her I promised that would never happen again. When it comes to this forum, I work for Tracy! She has introduced me to some great people (LPCullen, Fov, Calamari, CatColorado, Nuttiwebgal, Havanaholly and Darrellandmelissa) who are now my supervisors here too, so you see I'm actually pretty low on the list!

Thanks for the props on the houses, but every time I see a house in the Gallery it reinforces that I just supply the starting point... it's like giving credit to the guy who sold Leonardo Da Vinci canvas!

Thanks again!

Dean

Thanks for the props on the houses, but every time I see a house in the Gallery it reinforces that I just supply the starting point... it's like giving credit to the guy who sold Leonardo Da Vinci canvas!

Well that may be true on some level but I have to say that if it weren't for the folks who dedicated themsevles to refining the pigments and coming up with the medium formulas, mixing them together just right to create artists paints - the world would have a whole lot fewer artists in it. Maybe that doesn't apply to Da Vinci (who may have made his own paints) but it sure applies today in the fine arts world And in the world of dollhouses too. Without that starting point I'd never have even tried to make anything. :)

-David - sorry just had to add that. I'm a born arguer :(

Tracy, LPCullen, Fov, Calamari, CatColorado, Nuttiwebgal, Havanaholly and Darrellandmelissa and Dean

Raising our glasses in a big Toast to the many wonderful people who make this a nice place to visit and share ideas. A GREAT BIG THANK YOU .

(Followed by a big round of applause)

Peggi

Well that may be true on some level but I have to say that if it weren't for the folks who dedicated themsevles to refining the pigments and coming up with the medium formulas, mixing them together just right to create artists paints - the world would have a whole lot fewer artists in it. Maybe that doesn't apply to Da Vinci (who may have made his own paints) but it sure applies today in the fine arts world And in the world of dollhouses too. Without that starting point I'd never have even tried to make anything. ;)

-David - sorry just had to add that. I'm a born arguer :)

Did your mother ever tell you that you should have been a lawyer!! :(

Susanne