Forum Upgrade

We will soon begin the process of upgrading our forum. There are some subtle enhancements that I think many members will find useful. Initially, the appearance of the forum will change drastically but that will be short term. The cosmetic changes may take a week or so to perfect.

During upgrades such as this there are always some bugs to work out. I'm sure that there will be nothing major so I ask you to be patient during this process. Our goal is to improve our community to make your time here more enjoyable so please keep this in mind as we move forward.

Thank you all for your understanding!

Dean

Phase one of the upgrade has been completed. I need to get familiar with the new setting an tweak a few things, but the worst is over. For the most part, the rest of the upgrade is cosmetic. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Dean

It seems that the upgrade effected the post status and is indicating that all of them are unread (gold box with triangle next to it). If you want to reset them, there is a drop down menu when you are in each forum on top right side labeled Forum Options. Click this and a menu will drop down. Select either "Mark forum as read an return" or "Mark forum as read and return to board index".

Sorry for the troubles!

Maybe the gallery is already like this, but..... How about when we go into the gallery we click on member gallery then a list of people with galleries comes up. Then we click on that person and all their albums come up instead of clicking on member gallery and seeing for example Tracy on various pages. Does that make sense? If that is too much trouble I understand. Maybe I am the only one who would like that. :blink: Oops that picture is not supposed to be there ignore it

Chat room! Oooooo! there is a chatroom! Yippee!

Oh I wanted to say that there is another site I go to not related to dh that uses this same type of format and they have TONS of clickable smilies. Just a suggestion. :blink:

I uploaded 3 opictures to my album and forgot to make 1 of the pictures public. I can not figgure out how to go back and make the picture I put there show up. I need to figgure this out so I can moves Darrell's electrification pics from webshots into here.

Melissa

it is a link at the top of the screen for the chat room instead of at the bottom (Which was the old way).

My "live chat" button is where it has always been. I no longer have a box at the bottom showing who's in the chatroom, nor do I see one anywhere on my forum home page. Or am I blind, as usual? :angry:

There is a problem with the chat room that I am working on resolving.

I can not figgure out how to go back and make the picture I put there show up.

Melissa

Try clicking on "My Controls", click "Your Albums", go the drop down menu in the desired album and select edit. There is a check box on the next screen that will allow you to make your album public. Let me know if that does it Melissa.

I have and idea I'd like to run past you and Darrell. I'll send you a PM on it.

Thanks!

OBSERVATION: I seems that if you respond in a thread were you have the previous post, it adds it to that post rather than starting a new one. So it seems that you can't answer your own post, only edit it.

This is me trying to add a post using fast reply

This is me trying to add a post using add reply

OK, this worked earlier in this thread after the upgrade, so it must be turning on fast reply that is causing this. I don't know if its good or bad yet.

It must be a time thing

OBSERVATION: I seems that if you respond in a thread were you have the previous post, it adds it to that post rather than starting a new one. So it seems that you can't answer your own post, only edit it.

I noticed if I leave a thread, then come back and post again, it'll put it in as a new post. If I make multiple replies without moving onto a different area and then coming back, it lumps them all together as one reply. The same thing happens whether I use the reply button on a post or the add reply at the bottom of the thread. Dunno if that's normal function or if it was just a coincidence of timing.

Deb

Wowsers! Things are sure changing fast around here! I was just here 1/2 hour ago and we still had blue . . . now we're red, white and blue! :)