Wizards Lair Tower

ABQ Minis

Hi All!

I just put the pictures of our tower in my Albums! It's our first project together and we won a First place ribbon at the New Mexico State Fair!

We bought the plans for the Stonehurst Castle from Earth and Tree and made it from air dry plaster instead of wood. Check it it out! We already have orders for 2 more! How cool is that! We have two house underway! Both Dura Craft. A Linfield and an Ashleigh. Unfortunately, the little Ashliegh is really dried out and is giving me fits! I have two sheets I can't get the parts out of! Anybody got any hints? I will try to find a spiral cut blade for my scroll saw I guess as a last resort. I'm not very good with the saw yet. It's brand new and I'm still kind of scared of it! LOL!

I hope you like the Wizards Lair!

Heather, you can also use clear sanding sealer on both sides to help stabilize the wood to cut it out. I gave up on the craft knife and use a Stanley box-cutter-type utility knife for whacking out dh kit parts.

Your tower turned out magnificently!

Wow.........Fantastic!!! Did you have enough Coke? Personally, I am a Pepsi person! Your sconces were great! Please, please tell me how you made the mold for the panels. Very cool. I meant to look where you are from, must be nice climate for all that outside work! Can we ask how much your selling them for? You two must make a GREAT team. Congrats! Sooooo impressed.

Please tell me that you've been doing this for years and years, and that you meant only that this was your first project "together." And notthat this was the first dollhouse you've ever made in your life!!! I don't think I could handle that :lol:

It looks wonderful and you are both very talented!

• 5 weeks later...