Glue Solution

Laurennie

I'd not heard of GOOP as a glue so did a web search. Apparently there is a forumulation for crafts, and they actually show a dollhouse as the "craft" it's good for...so I suppose it would work. Most folks here use something like Elmer's wood glue (it's water based, easy to clean up), or Aleen's craft glue (again, water based and easy to clean up). We tend to work on our crafts in all areas of our real houses, so ease of clean-up is important. I don't know anything about the GOOP so can't say!

But yes, sand off the paint on the edges you want to glue together, apply the glue, then clamp together until dry. You can use actual clamps, or masking tape, or clothespins -- whatever you have that will hold the pieces in the positions they should be in, when dry. And then let it dry! :monkeydance:

I still don't understand what CA is? And I'm wondering if I'm going to be able to sand back certain areas to glue.. it might be hard to sand just a little tiny patch where the porch post goes.

And thanks about the cat- her name is Lulu and she is my baby. I rescued her from a shelter and she was very sick, now she is a prettypretty princess!

Quick grip or Omni stick, will work, and so will Household Goop. The goop smells bad I found, so use it in a well ventilated area. The stuff I get is in a purple tube. It does not dry clear however, stays yellow. The other 2 stay clear and the smell is way less nauseating. You don't need much, and only apply it to one side of whatever you are gluing together.

They were near the random stuff like.. those tacks you use on furniture and just like little plastic boxes of insulated staples and things. They are wire brads that are half an inch long, I think they will be perfect for tacking trim onto the edge of my dollhouse (it's 3/8 inch ply). I don't even know if there were smaller ones I just saw them and needed them. And only 97 cents!

I guess Im slow or something but what exactly was it that you needed to glue together? Maybe Im confused but when I build a house, most of my parts are already painted before I glue them together, unless its the house shell so Im always glueing paint to paint. I use Aileens Tacky Glue and everything has always held extremely well for me without having to sand anything off.