Jump to content

Looking for the name of this flooring

More Minis Dollhouses

Recommended Posts


This flooring is very popular here in Miami, in older homes from the 20s and 40s. I want to know what is the name of it because I want to find some printable patterns for it on the internet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Terrazzo is what builders in the '50s & '60s (at least) put in all the CBS houses going up all over S FL. If you don't have them they're lovely. If you do, I've mentioned two of their less lovely qualiities. Additionally they have to be stripped and resealed from time to time to keep looking pretty. If your ground is sandy and the house built in a hurry (as was often the case in those days) it also cracks... it can be repaired, at a bit of co$t; probably cheaper to dig it out and replace with a new concrete slab and some other flooring.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...