Hullo there!

vivacious

Hello! :)

I'm from WA state and just west of Seattle. I love history, classic movies, reading and writing. I work as a web designer and illustrator. As far as my miniature experience goes, I have simply admired from afar... through magazines and websites. Until now! I found a Brimble kit languishing at a gift store in Seaside, OR and scooped it up. I can't wait to start building it and decorating-- and I'm very excited to find this forum, as there will be lots of pics and tips to be had :)

I just opened my kit a few minutes ago, though and... it came with no instructions! :p Any suggestions? It seems in good condition otherwise, for being older than I am! :)

Thanks guys- nice to meetcha! :birthday:

Hi Sara! :)

Welcome to the neighborhood. The people are very friendly and full of good advice. Don't be afraid to post questions. After 5 posts you can start a gallery and share pictures of your Brimble in progress and your acquisitions to furnish it. Will it be a general store, or something specialized?

I just deboxed my Duracraft Farmhouse Wednesday, which is both exciting and daunting. It uses different techniques than tab and slot, which is the only thing I've done up to now. My instructions are mislaid and I need to find them!

You'll find it to be and addictive pursuit. Its so fun to watch the pile of pieces transform into a building, fully decorated. Take lots of pictures so you can look back at how far you've come.

Enjoy your Brimble.

You said you are west of Seattle. I was born in Port Angeles! Though I didn't grow up there I absolutely love it and am proud be a Washingtonian.

Hi Lynette, it's nice to meet you! :blink:

Congrats on your Farmhouse! I hope you are able to find your instructions-- we both know now how frustrating it is to open the box and not have instructions! :D I can't wait to start on mine, and will try calling Greenleaf tomorrow or Monday. Maybe they'll have a dusty copy of Brimble instructions laying around somewhere...

I'm not too original-- I like how they set it up as a dress shop above, and a general store below, so I think I will stick with that.

I actually live in North Kitsap, so I know where Port Angeles is. :) I haven't been there yet, but it's on my to-see list!

Welcome to the forum, Sara! :)

I love the Brimble - don't have one, and so can't help you with instructions. (I'm surprised you found one still for sale in a store.) Best of luck with it - someone here MUST have the instructions! :D

Sara, guess what, I just looked in my Brimbles kit and guess what, someone made an extra copy of the instructions!! Send me your address via the PM system and I'll send them out to you. I was so surprised to see that there. Must've been meant for you :monkeydance:

Welcome to the forum family, Sara. Among the built Brimbles here I'm partial to Ann's version. I would only add that sometimes the kit you get may not want to look like the picture on the box, or be what you think you'd liike to make it into. When that happens, it's a good idea to LISTEN to the kit!

Hey guys-- thank you so much for your replies!! :welcome:

Havanaholly, I'll check on Ann's version. :D I will definitely pay attention to the instructions, hehe... this is going to be my first house ever, so I'm a bit nervous anyway!

Tracy , I can't believe it! You don't mind sending them to me? That would be great!!! Thank you so much! :)