Glencroft Wall "F"

Brandon

First off...hello to everyone! Its been a long time since Ive been here...but this week I got the urge to get out the Glencroft that I barely began about three years ago and get to work on it.

I think I have hit the same wall that I hit three years ago...namely WALL "F" on the instruction sheet. the tabs at the top are just WAY off. Has anyone else had this problem? Ill get a picture up so you guys can see what Im talking about...

I feel as if Ive forgotten everything I once knew about minis! LOL!

Im not getting nice tight fits...anyone have a suggestion there?

I No longer have my schematics sheet to see which one is Wall F, and without the picture (which isn't showing up on my monitor) I have no idea which one it is, or if you have it rightside up. I did find that some of the walls I was having fit problems with did a whole lot better when I turned them right side up, though. I also didn't have a lot of problems with big gaps, and the stapler took care of the smaller ones.

Hey there Brandon :angry: Long time no hear from! Brandon, have you looked at the blogs here? I am wondering if this is the same spot I get stuck on everytime I build this kit. I had to check my blog when I did my other Glencroft this year too:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/b...at=19&st=10

I can't wait to yours

I remember all of the walls of the Glencroft because that house was so troublesome for me but I dont recall any of them having tabs and slots that were off. I just remember that they were hassle to put together because they kept falling over, regardless of how hard I clamped them. There was on particular very narrow wall that was a complete pain.

:angry: You're scaring me ... I have a Glencroft still in the box ... I love that dh so much ... now I'm worried I'll botch the build! I'll be sure to study the blogs first. But I won't be building it for a long while yet.

There's a small section of wall above the front door that I cut apart & installed upside down and had to go back, find the cutoff and glue it back on and install it correctly before I could put the roof on, and there's a piece that's part of the stairway, I think, that I originally installed flush with the first floor ceiling & Tracy caught it & I went back & installed it 90 degrees to the way I'd had it. I also learned NOT to apply interior "stucco" before all the ceiling beams were in, but that's a whole 'nother story. Otherwise everything fit, it fit nicely, and I'd build another one in a heartbeat, so long as it wanted to be something other than another pub.

Ill get some pictures up at the beginning of the week...Ive got the shell mostly together I just need to get the base coat of paint on and do some spackling before I get wallpaper going on, etc. This kit isnt as hard as it first seemed...once the first few walls went up the rest is falling in place much easier than I thought.

Well you know Tracy, that house is enough to make me "swoon" when drooling over the gorgeousness of it all!!!!

Hugs

Here's a shot it's in my gallery under Glencroft #2 :)

gallery_4_2019_1283725.jpg

Welcome back!

Can't wait to see photos of your house! This is my favorite house that i have built so far. Glad you were able to figure out what the problem was.

Have no fear you guys, I found this a very easy house to build!

Tracy i always forget how gorgeous yours is!

I did it using creative paperclay. They are each hand sculpted and painted. You can get paperclay from http://www.paperclay.com I learned it in a class I took with Rik Pierce. I have seen real slate used it it looks wonderful too. Also there is a roof stencil set by Bromley, you can see and purchase it here: http://www.dollsandminis.net/servlet/the-B...cils/Categories

Thank you for the link to the Bromley stencils, we haven't gotten all the bookmarks transferred to the new computer, and since I got to play with Peggi's set I want my own! ASA the budget recovers from Atlanta!

Thanks Tracy! Id love to try a slate roof on here...

Its been so long since I got this house, that I had forgotten all the "stuff" I had bought for it. Imagine my delight when I opened a tube to find enough Broadnax wallpaper to do three rooms! And the hardwoods, and tile for the bathroom!