The Adams Contest

alycemina

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so now that people have mentioned receiving confirmation emails, I'm nervous - anyone else who mailed in their submission on Monday the 15th, let me know when you get your confirmation email! I'm already coming up with plans if the thank you gift is a bus! :music_band:

i sent mine that day also but i didnt recieve anything yet

Mine was from Denise Moran. There is also an attachment which is a letter from Ernie.

How long did it take between the time you mailed your entry and the time you received the confirmation?

Edit: Ooops, sorry ... I just saw your answer above.

Will HBS run a special on the bus kit (or whatever kit is picked for the contest next year)?

I got an email sometime late October early November with an announcement that the bus would be the next contest and it would be called "Get on the Bus" and you could get it for 50% off. So I did :music_band:

I recieved my confirmation email yesterday or the day before and I think I sent my entry sometime around the 10th of December.

I am really stuck if this next year is a bus. But I do have some ideas brewing. I had a bunch for the adams but with our move and all I couldn't get minis out to play again until the beginning of december so I designed my adams around things I already had in just a few days. I wasn't happy with the results at all, but I figured if I didn't get around to entering this year I would probably put it off forever. :o

The Travel Trailer, Houseboat, and the Adams absolutely *screamed* at me to do them justice. I was their slave.

I'm hoping next year's kit will be the bus. I don't hear it saying anything at all to me. I don't have a single idea for it that wouldn't involve making a dozen pre-teen dolls complete with backpacks and lunch boxes, an adult bus monitor with Nora Batty drooping stockings, and a driver. No thanks! I hope that it remains silent when it gets here (if indeed it is the reward for entering the contest). I'd rather work on my other houses next year.

Here I was hoping we were the only ones and someone from the forum would win. LOL
Considering how many people enter who aren't on our forum, it's amazing how many of our members DO win! (well, not really, when you consider the talent we have...)

200!!!!! WOWSERS! And as I recall there were only, what, 4 or 5 entries from here? Considering how many more people from just this forum submitted this year, I wonder if the number of have increased by as much...

...nope, I don't envy them at all. :p

Talking about the bus, I had a couple of ideas, but the first one just didn't make it past the original thought. lol. Hippy bus! How manny thought of that right away. lol. I was not a hippy, but sure saw a lot of them, and those mini buses. It would certainly stand to reason that he would do it, as that is a kit not that many people would go for if you were into making doll houses. Of course, stuff way out there like an outhouse on a cut off bus might be cute. lol

Deirdre

I recall a lot more than four or five from here, if everyone who posted they were sending pictures did.

Oh.... that's true.... but I know I was one of those people and I never got around to it... it ended up with additional wood I used for other projects. I guess I just don't recall seeing so many finished projects posted here last time.