is mini-ing popular where you live?

miniwendy

great to hear from a neighbour! I know that there used to be a store in hamilton. DD's Dollhouse store, but she has since closed and only works online now. i don't even know if she is still online, it has been a while since I have been to her site.

The last time I spoke to Doris (DD's dollhouse), she delivered my online, order to my house,(she lives on the mountain)it was a year ago. At that time, she was ill, and her Dh was found to be terminally ill, and her plan was to have one huge yard sale and give up the business as a whole. She did say if I needed any help finding something or needing something made to contact her. I have not been to her site since, that day, and she was not present at the Ferris show this year. I sure do miss her and her shop.

Nothing much in my part of Connecticut -- the only dollhouse shop left is a 40 minute drive away. If I want to buy something, I look for it on the Internet. If I want to talk with someone (besides my family), I log on to this forum. -- or I talk to my little people. :popcorn:

But I am not complaining -- my family is wonderful and so are you all :monkeydance:

:hmm:

Oh, Holly, I sooooo wanted to come to the Atlanta show....I used to live in Atlanta about 23 years ago and I never missed a dollhouse show but this weekend is my daughter's birthday and I wanted to be here with her....I'm looking forward to hearing your report and pics of it!

Elicia

Fall is falling in South Carolina....brrrrrrrrr........

Well I guess that all of us here prove that there are still people out there who love miniatures. Traci was kind enough to send me some skellies and now they are running amuk here! Ahhhh! I'm not really into halloween, but these guys just hit my funny bone.

...Got any good ideas for adding a few more joints to these guys?
I think Deb's planning a skellie-posing tutorial for the October edition of the GL Gazette, if that's what you're referring to. If you want to articulate the joints to make them floppy you need to separate them at their joints very carefully and use a very tiny drillbit and carefully drill a wee hole near each end of the severed joint and rejoin it with a loop of thread-thin wire.