Not a great weekend

Margaret

Our cat has had 3 more seizures in the last 2 days and our vet can't do anything.Mom and Dad are making a hard decision this weekend.They'll probably putting him down on Monday as they don't want him to suffer anymore.By the way his full name is SGCA (supreme grand champion alter)Atilla The Hon

It is a very difficult thing to do, but you have to love your cat well enough to let it go. I have lost four cats in the last two years. I miss them terribly but I have new kittens, and I love them so. I am so sorry you have to make that decision but then your cat will not suffer any longer. I am sure you have heard all this before. What I am trying to say is I understand and will be thinking of you this weekend.

I'm so sorry to hear this, Margaret. B) Atilla the Hon looks like a honey, and you all have a very difficult time ahead. Just remember that he is depending upon you, his family, to give him the best possible care. Even though it will pain you to let him go - if there is nothing more that can be done ... he needs you to perform this last act of love. Like Linda said - you already know all this - we are all empathising with what you're going through. Give him lots of loving this weekend - some soft kisses and tender hugs from all of us. How are the other cats reacting to it all? They must feel the stress too. Hugs to all of you.

Poor baby! I'm so sorry he isn't responding to the Dilantin, and I'm sorry you and your family will have to be making that decision. Sending hugs to you all and chin scratches to Attila.