Which dollhouse kit should I choose?

Polly want a cracker

Hi and welcome!! Why not make all three made into one BIG house! You could call it Peircefild Hill ;)

I like my Garfield but i decided to add on to it a couple rooms here a couple rooms there a basement (I have palns for a dungeon sorta) Maybe i might add an Arthur oh i also have a groundskeepers cottage and a fairy tunnel in the works. Me bored? I don't Have time! :D

The Beacon Hill, the Pierce or the Garfield? :D

Well, you could get all three, and either string them together as Corwin suggested, or build them separately and create a small village! ;)

The Garfield is, of course, a HUGE house, so if space is a consideration, that might be ruled out. It's also a challenging build. If you've never done this sort of thing before, you might want to start on something a bit smaller. The mansard roof of The Beacon Hill can be a challenge, too... Any of them are lovely houses. You'll find excellent examples of all of them here, as they've all been build by forum members (maybe not the same member! :D ...but then again, maybe so!), so you'll get lots of help along the way.

And..welcome to the forum! Do you have a parrot?? :(

If this is your first dollhouse build, I'd start with something a little smaller. The more houses you build, the more you learn. The Orchid would be a nice place to start. It's got a lot of charm.

Which kit do you WANT to build? As Anna says, the one that speaks the loudest! My first-ever kit was the Dura-Craft San Franciscan and it took me a bit over 3 1/2 years to build & make things for before I gave it to the eldest granddaughter.

Welcome, and you might wish to pop in over at the Newcomers' Forum and introduce yourself to everybody.

If this is your first dollhouse build, I'd start with something a little smaller. The more houses you build, the more you learn. The Orchid would be a nice place to start. It's got a lot of charm.

I'm working on the Orchid as my first kit. It's a great little house I'm having a lot of fun with. B)

Welcome to the group.

I agree with Esther, The Orchid is a great house to build. Then as you go you can get into the bigger houses. The Beacon Hill is a Wonderful house.

Hello and welcome! I think that for me it would really be between the Garf and the BH....there, narrowed it down to 2...so it's either flip a coin or eenie meenie minnni mo....lol...it was too hard fro me to decide so in the end i have all three....lol...I've built the BH and love it. I have built the shell of the Pierce and although i love it i think the rooms are small...i'm going to start on my Garf today (with modifications) so i can't say how well i like building it yet but I do love the house overall.

Good luck on your choice, you can't go wrong no matter which one you end up with.

Aly, you can start with whatever house your heart desires, and don't set yourself ANY limits! There is NO law against building or having more than one house. As for which one you should choose, only YOU know the answer to that.

Aly, you can start with whatever house your heart desires, and don't set yourself ANY limits! There is NO law against building or having more than one house. As for which one you should choose, only YOU know the answer to that.

So true, I got the Chantilly hmmm lets see, almost ten years ago B) and we stopped talking so she is only now close to getting finished... And I have learnt my lesson to listen to the house...

Hugs and good luck in choosing which one you want to start with!

I'm working on my first house, the Pierce, and I think it was a good choice. It's not as big as the Garfield nor as complicated as the BH but still has that Victorian charm.

HOWEVER, I'm for taking on whatever speaks to you, as the others have said. If one of the 3 is just hollering at you, saying "Take Me! Take Me!" then that's the one you should choose.

If I had the room, I'd go with the biggest house I can afford!! So that's the Garf, hands down! I don't have a spot large enough to fit it in my RL house. I have the BH and love it too! I run out of space too fast in smaller ones, why I have 12 houses now, lol. If I were to do it again, I'd only buy BIG, from the get-go!

I chose the house that I would most like to have in real life, the Garfield. I have been working on it for almost a year and it has been on my dining room table for the whole time. It does take up tons of space and it has been frustrating at times, but I am glad that I chose it. My suggestion would be that you ask lots of questions before you get started building. I was most of the way done before I realized that I had no idea how to reach interior attic rooms for decorating. Before you spend your money thinking you know how something should be done, ask someone who knows how it would best be done. (Don't ask me though, I still don't know.) Good luck!