Just Popping In To Say Hello

SuzyQ

Just popped in to say hello and give an update on whats been going on.

Well I went for my Chemo treatment on Wednesday. They always do bloodwork first and then I see the dr. When he came in he goes "No Treatment Today" my platelettes were to low. they were at 52,000 and normal is 150 to390 thousand. Two weeks ago it was at 147 so it really had dropped. This is not an unusual occurance during chemo so I am thrilled to have one more week of "feeling good" I just had so much to do this weekend that I was gonna have to miss. Now I don't have too!!! YAY YAY. i just have to be careful cause I can bruise easily. Man I wish I didn't have to have anymore treatments. Oh well.Since I have been feeling so good I actually cooked dinner today for the first time in months. Made Shrimp Alfredo, Garlic Bread and Brownies.

RayAnne came home from soccer practice and I was like dinner is ready and she looked at me like I was crazy and said I was scaring her cause I actually cooked ha ha.

She is in singing group of about 12 girls at school called the highlanderettes. They go around to different places and perform jazz and broadway type songs. She has a performance tomorrow. I am so excited to go see her. The picture below is her in her Highlanderette Outfit.

We also got her a new car for her birthday. Its a Dodge Avenger. We were supposed to get her an older car but she weezled her daddy into a new one ha ha ha. Can't hardly say no to that smile ha ha. I sure hope she doesn't bust it up anytime soon.

We went ahead and got her a hardship license so she can drive to school and to the store for me. She gets her regular license on her birthday at the end of this month. I have to say she is a pretty good driver.

Our Garfield is still sitting in the spare bedroom waiting for attention. Maybe after the first of the year we can work on it again.

Talk to you all soon Have a great weekend!!!

post-595-1221879153_thumb.jpgpost-595-1221879518_thumb.jpg

Hey, Suzy! It's great to hear an update from you - and what good timing to have a "holiday" from the chemo. Your daughter looks very happy in her Highlanderette costume - you must be very proud of her. And now you can enjoy her performance! Take care, and please keep us posted on how your week goes! ;)

Suzy!! It's great to see you online! You're never far from my thoughts and I'm glad to hear that things are going okay. Getting a little vacation from the chemo this weekend is perfect timing so you can go watch RayAnne perform.

Deb

It's great to hear from you Suzanne! I've been reading your blog online. I'm so glad you're doing well! It will be great when you're back to doing everything you love and this is all behind you.

Suzy soooo happy to hear from you eventhough those platelets aren't like they "ought" to be, perhaps that is also a sort of a blessing giving you the time to do the things you want over the weekend. Looks like RayAnne is really enjoying her "uniform" hope you have a great time seeing her perform!

Lots and lots of hugs!!!!

Nice to hear from you all!! Thanks for all the encouragement. RayAnnes performance was great. They all do such a wonderful job!!!

I am planning on enjoying my next 2 days before I have to go back to chemo. RayAnne has an away varsity soccer game on Tuesday. I am glad that I will be well enough to go. She is a very busy girl ha ha.