Looking for advice

I ordered the Lily today and I have a few questions for folks who have built this beauty.

1. Is it a challenging or particularly difficult build?

2. Any tough areas I should know about?

3. Are the instructions detailed or no pics?

4. Ive browsed through the gallery and I havent found a picture that shows the right side of the house clearly after its done. Am I mistaken but is it open on that side as well as the back? I know I can see a room somewhere in there thats not fully visible from the back so Im wondering if its only visible from that side.

Thanks everyone!

For me the stairs were hard. You can't get into them once the walls are on so the wallpaper etc. needs to be done before getting to that point. The center wall has slots the floors slide into which is a little tricky. The side has the small bedroom upstairs and looks through to the entryway and stairs downstairs. The back looks into the bathroom, hall to the small bedroom and upstairs landing. Downstairs looks into the dining room and part of the living room. The kitchen is really tiny and the stair back goes into the kitchen. I had trouble with the porch roof. I put a straight sided mansard roof on the top floor instead of the curved to allow more room in the attic. If the kitchen wasn't so small I'd try this one again now that I know all the potential problem spots. I don't have the house anymore.

Hi Gina, it was my first house so it was all tricky... The mansard roof in particular gave me fits... I am looking forward to watching you blog it-- I know that it will look wonderful once you are done! Here is a view of the right side, which has partial access:

I can't seem to find all my "finished" pics but here is an unfinished pic, looking through this access, into the foyer on the other side-- other than the view through the front doors, this is all that one can see of it... It was my favorite room, even though one really needs a mirror to see anything in it...

Hey Gina, the most difficult part was the roof hands down.

Lots of bending and manipulating are needed prior to, and during the installation.

I'm putting links in here to both sides of the house so you can get an idea of what they look like.

Have fun with the build!

Hugs,

monica

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...i&img=18464

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...i&img=18305

Thank you so much for posting up the pics. Your Lilys are wonderful and just confirms that I might a right decision in buying this house. I love the way the floor plan is. Its so cool that is open on one side like that as well as the whole back. It makes it looks so realistic because of the twists and turns in there.

Im thinking of making my own roof panels. I struggled like crazy with the Willowcrest mansard roofs because the wood is so dang hard to bend. I dont want the same thing happening again. Since the Beacon Hill brings cardboard mansard panels, I might just make them like that for my Lily. It will be so much easier.

Thanks for the heads up on all these problems areas. It will help my build considerably.

• 2 weeks later...