What I would love to see from Greenleaf.....

rodentraiser

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES - proper fitting windows and door upgrades for all the Greenleaf/Corona houses - PLEASE ...

Oh, wow, that castle idea is perfect. I want it to have stone effects and many secret winding staircases and secret rooms - LOTS of rooms, like maybe 20 or 30, and lots of turetts (sp?). Maybe have it be the biggest - hugest - creation ever made !!! (and also maybe a 1/2 scale for those short on space.)

Proper fitting building components of all types - like 1/8 fitting chanel molding, etc for Greenleaf/Corona style houses too.

Oh and bring back ALL the houses ever created by Greenleaf/Corona.

Hope someone can be hired to develop these ideas.

Thanks for listening Dean and all the other administration.

Now get a grip people. Greenleaf cant do it all at once. They need to start slowly. Too many items means lower profits. Lower profits mean close business. They can start with the lighthouse and then offer a small castle with addition kits. Then you can make as large a castle as you wish.

I would definetely like to see some castles as well and more styles of houses some more modren ones but also bring back the ones that are no longer available. The Beaumont would be one i would buy for sure! I agree with extra components as well that would be great. Furniture would also be good stuff that is a bit nicer than the corona concepts stuff maybe with working doors and have a few different styles to work with. Victorian is great but some modren things would be good too.

I pretty much agree with everything that has already been said but especially want pre-shingled roofs that would be excellent as i hate hate hate doing the shingling

Even though I don't have the space in my tiny 650 sq foot apartment for lots of houses, if the willowcrest came back I would buy it today! I adore that little house...

I also would like to see things like lattice work and other texture adding items in the accessories. I want to put a lattice under my BH porch but I think I am going to have to make it myself because I can't find one!

Oh more half scale houses would be just great. An Adobe South Western style home please, in half scale. Better hinges for doors. Trying to put those little nails in is impossible. Even after the hinge has been glued in place. Windows that open. Light switches for the walls (need not work) that are realistic looking. If kits can't be made why not have plans of different homes for sale..(a 1/2 scale adobe house would be great), after buying the plans from Greenleaf we could buy the accessories from them. This could be a whole new sales venue for Greenleaf. Rita

As this is a fantasy wish list, I have to say that I love all the suggestions!

I've always wanted to do a Gypsy wagon/caravan - that would be perfect.

I also have a dream of a 1:12 castle - but with space and funding restrictions, it would be wonderful if Greenleaf could do an add-on kit with pieces you can buy when you can afford them. Start with a small, basic castle structure that works alone, and offer additional turrets and extra rooms, drawbridge, etc. that one can ask Santa for!

The Willowcrest and Brimble's Mercantile - love them both.

Upgraded doors and windows that fit the 1/8" wood - great suggestion!

The Willowcrest and Brimbles first, as I see those mentioned more often in so many different threads, a Craftsman Bungalow, a mid-century ranch, and I love the idea of a castle than can be added onto and expanded. The window and door upgrades would be wonderful also.

I would love the Rosedale to come back.

I'm thinking of a way to have a an adobe house. What you'd do is make a square house, like a Colonial. Then you have a second set of walls that are placed inside the first set of walls - maybe with an inch or so of space between the two walls. The windows could be boxed and the walls could have notches so the windows could be set in place. Then you just use strips of wood on the outside to close off the space so it isn't seen.

This would give a thick wall for a realistic adobe house without all the added extra weight.

A 50's house would be awesome. So would a California Craftsman. Zowie!

I haven't tried this yet, but if you get soft square basswood at a craft store and hit it (gently) with a hammer to make marks on it, you can make a small square log cabin. The bass wood should even be soft enough to cut notches out of.

• 1 month later...

For the logs in a log cabin just go to the lumber yard and buy screen door molding. It is rectangular with two rounded edges on one of the long sides. In fact, a friend of mine is building a log cabin kit that she needed extra logs for on the inside.....She bought the screen door molding that I suggested and couldn't tell the difference from the logs that came with the kit. I think that is what they use.

I am loving the castle idea. Even if it was an add a room thing, I still love the castle idea. I would make sure I had money to buy one like that. Also I would like to see the Beacon Hill in Half scale. I think the 1/12, the QS and the 1/144 scale would be great together. I would also like to see a street of stores.