What I would love to see from Greenleaf.....

rodentraiser

If I had my way, Greenleaf would have the miniature market totally cornered, but since that will probably not be for a little while yet, here's my wish list for them in the next few years:

Dormers

Premade windows and doors to fit 1/8" walls

A scaled up (to 1" scale) Fairfield

Very short, wide brass grommets to use to connect tape wiring together - short so you don't have to worry about pushing them through a wall and maybe connecting to your tape wire on the other side and thereby shorting out your house and wide so you can hold on to them

A Greenleaf brand of wall switches and plugs ditto (see above).

A million more house designs :) , but especially a Spanish Adobe and maybe a large Victorian similar to the Joseph Angel house without a bend in it like the Garfield. Or oh, hey!, the option to put a curved roof on any house! Or maybe...well, anyway, I can come up with more - what would you guys like to see? Since this a fantasy wish list, throw those wants out there!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm, what would I like to see....

Well I would love to see a set of "simple" shop buildings prefferabley "stackable" ie with flat roofs so that one could make a shopping complex... Would love some bay windows on those and perhaps make the front openable as well, perhaps a castle inspired buidling with two turrets etc....

Hugs

A Greenleaf castle! Fifty inches wide and, as tall as the Beacon Hill, with turrets, secret rooms, and a towering tower for Rapunzul to let her hair down to the ground!

A garage, double wide!

Furniture kits similar to HOM kits! Same quality, same ease of being put together.

Bring back the electrical lighting kits! Yeah!

That's it for now........

Would love to see the Beaumont, or similar house return to the list of availability, some shops would be great, various roomboxes, ready to install door and window components, and maybe a couple of houses that would have some 'add-on' components available, Components such as large bay windows, big double entry doors, etc. Also, some front opening houses and other buildings. And yes, it would be great if the electric kits were available again!

I agree with all the houses & along with them, some out buildings. Like garages, garden sheds, outhouses, barns, etc. In keeping with the travel trailer & bus theme, how about a train car, trolley, fold-out camper & especially, some cars or pickup trucks in the 1:12 scale.

Steve

I would love to have the Willowcrest brought back again. I also love the idea of the premade windows & doors. I think even Pre-shingled roofs would be the coolest thing (since I hate doing that part) :) but I would only want these things as an option so that I could bash away without having to scrape this type of stuff off. I think it would be cool to have a upgrade you house kit too so you can add dormers, window boxes and shutters or different door designs.

Definitely better windows and doors. By the time you have to buy upgrades it's almost as much as the kit. A 1/12 Fairfield would be great. I think that has the most realistic floor plan. I have the 1/2 scale. I'd love to have a Willowcrest. There are so many who want that house why don't we have it yet? It's not like it wouldn't be a best seller. I'd also love a Barbie 1/6 scale house. It would be big but not too heavy in 1/8 inch plywood. There used to be one but I've never seen it. These are things I'd love to see.

1. Re-release the Willowcrest - that's #1 on my wishlist!

2. Pre-made doors & windows that fit the wall thickness to purchase separately

3. Furniture kits along the lines of H.O.M. kits

4. A castle - 1-inch scale, like Gina described would be incredible!

5. An "add a room" kinda house - where you purchase the basic structure and then there's all sorts of "add-ons" you could purchase separately if you wanted - like extra rooms, porches, balconies, dormers, full wings to change the basic shape of the house, etc. Then your house could be as big or as little as you wanted it to be.

What I would like to see from Greenleaf is their own line of upgradable components that are exclusively for their houses. Like you would always have the option to buy upgraded windows and doors for your kit. They already make their own siding, stucco and shingles so it would be nice to have some components too. I think they would do a super job on those. I hate having only Houseworks as an option. They tend to be expensive and maybe Greenleaf can do a better job having the components look more to scale with their houses.

Other than that, maybe a castle. That would be really cool.

How about taking over the dollhouse electrical industry as well! Surely the lighting people can make much easier light fixtures. I would love to see all lights that can be plugged right into the tape wire. You know, they would have two prongs and you would just punch them in. Lighting is just too complicated for me I need something very simple and easy! :)

And yes I would also love to see the Willowcrest, 1/12 scale Fairfield and a castle! And upgraded windows and doors for all Greenleaf dollhouses. :)

I agree with all the houses & along with them, some out buildings. Like garages, garden sheds, outhouses, barns, etc. In keeping with the travel trailer & bus theme, how about a train car, trolley, fold-out camper & especially, some cars or pickup trucks in the 1:12 scale.

Steve

I like these ideas. I'm working on turning the mini workshop kit (Annie's Lobster Shack) into a stable/barn right now. It would also be nice to have a pick up truck to park in the yard.

I'd also like it if we could purchase templates for the walls/ceilings/floors. I always make up my own so that I can run my electrical wiring underneath.

I sure hope Dean and his staff are sitting down right now as they read through our dream lists.

-Susanne

Craftsman Bungalow, Ranch house, Miami Beach house, chateau, Gothic castle/ keep, Charleston "Rainbow Row" house, hacienda-style house with patios, a selection of 1:6 scale houses for Barbies (I like the add-a-room concept for these, expecially), and the availability of ones liike Willowcrest, Beaumont, etc, in 1:24, as well.

I'd also liike to see someone get their hot little hands on the Reallife/ American Scientific furniture set kits and rerelease them.