The Miniature Scene up for sale

fov

I received this email yesterday from Kim Walter, owner of The Miniature Scene in Campbell, CA (near San Jose). She gave me permission to post it here.

I am sorry to announce that, for personal reasons, I will be moving out of the area in the summer.  Unfortunately, I cannot continue to run the store. I would like to try and sell the store if possible so that it will remain open.  If anybody would like to try running a miniature store or if you know of someone who would, please contact me!

I have really enjoyed the past three years and I want to thank all of you for your support and patronage.  I hope that in the coming months, you'll each get a chance to stop in so that I can say thanks in person.  I'm not going to say goodbye because the miniature community is so "small" that I know we'll run into each other again.

The store has been open for about three years and seems to be doing well. It's where I took the Guys from Texas class a few weeks ago. I'll be sorry to see Kim go, but at least hope someone will buy the shop so it can stay open.

That's a shame. I heard from one of my friends on the ATM forum that I administrate that this lady is really on the ball. What a shame to have to sell the store. I have bookmarked this stores' website and she could probably move the store to or near the area.

I just heard recently on NAME and through the grapevine that Steve Dann, of Designs by Dann, will be doing the last show in April in Iowa, I believe it is. Betty Dann who started the business--(she died very recently, I met her when I did the Tom Bishop show last year in Williamsburg, va.) did this show first when she starting doing shows. Her business she referred to as 'the Dollhouse Home Depot'. It is said to see some of the people having to sell their businesses. I hope Kim finds someone to keep the shop open.

• 1 month later...

I just heard recently on NAME and through the grapevine that Steve Dann, of Designs by Dann, will be doing the last show in April in Iowa, I believe it is. Betty Dann who started the business--(she died very recently, I met her when I did the Tom Bishop show last year in Williamsburg, va.) did this show first when she starting doing shows. Her business she referred to as 'the Dollhouse Home Depot'. It is said to see some of the people having to sell their businesses. I hope Kim finds someone to keep the shop open.