Dollhouse Lighthouse spotted at Greenleaf

I may be the only one who doesn't like it....but it just looks wrong to me. (no offense, I don't like the RGT one either)

This represents a lighthouse for me: Rose_Island_Light_RI.jpg

the only conical lighthouse I've seen in my state was alot squatter then that and is situated on rocks in the middle of the bay.

Here's the lighthouse in my town: WTCHFR.JPG

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it might be that there's not alot of space in my area so they had to build them to take up less room :giggle: (The first picture I posted is on an island that lost half its land to the sea about 170 yrs ago)

I grew up with this as my prime example of a lighthouse, this one stands at the Jupiter, FL, inlet:

jupiter2.jpg

This is the one down at St Mark's NWR:

stmarks_nb.jpg

This is the one at Key West, which I have climbed to the top:

10390213.jpg

Of these two at Cape Henry we climbed the old brick lighthouse:

HenryMain.jpg

Anyway, I hope you'll excuse me for differing with you:

it just looks wrong to me

Its no problem....lighthouses are different in different parts of the world depending on the landscape. I'd prefer to do a Southern New England one....kit bashing maybe?

Here's the one I said looked similar but squatter...

Lighthouses_PlumPoint2.jpg

also on the other side of the Newport Bridge (the bridge in my first picture) there is the remains of a lighthouse that was A-frame! The coastguard burned it down in the 60s.

I was just messing with you, Kathy; if you're only used to short, squatty lights the tall coastal towers look huge; but when they were building the lights on coastal flats they had to build it HIGH so ships at sea could see it in plenty of time to avoid the reefs and oyster beds. The new kit will work perfectly for me as is (and I hope IS as in very soon!)

• 3 weeks later...
Awww, wouldn't THAT look great in the Keeper's cottage?

Shiver my timbers ... it's perfect! :unsure:

LOL, my thoughts as well, sometimes you just stumble upon things.... And I figured that if I did post the link here I might remeber it when/if the lighthouse gets avaliable.....

Hugs

• 3 weeks later...

So guess what I just HAD to do then huh?!?

Yup, my children books' illustrator (who lives in Mz Chantilly) just had to have this as an embroidered picture in her studio... (she is sooo having a crush on that rugged fella' living in the lighthouse next to the cliffs at the beach front....)

Still a few details to add but it is mostly there:

post-90-1226228379_thumb.jpg

Hugs

So welcome Holly! I have just put a border around this, now I do think this project will be the first one I try actually doing it in petitpoint... Small enough for a first try.... With a dirrefent colour scheme it will work to combine those two I think, maybe or perhaps one of them will wind its way into the lighthouse :congrats: someday....

Hugs

• 3 weeks later...

I found these "woodsies", just might ahve to purchase a few to use as "props" here and there and decorate, perhaps even make a couple of earrings out of LOL

post-90-1227730528.jpg

There are those that are taller as well, hmm, might work as the spindles on a bed???

Hugs (adding more nudges Rosalind B) )

Ohhhh, well that is settled then, I need a few lighthouses just to get a mini-lighthouse fix.... B) Might even make them into tiny what-nots to use as decorations in Mz Chantilly as the lady living there loves lighthouses and I think that there is where she will "meet" the fella' of her dreams :yes: I have started planning the petitpoint version realizing that it will be teeeeny LOL

Hugs

Well, she has been a bit camera shy I think, she is more a gal that likes to create, she is a children story illustrator and she is working really hard on those pics of hers LOL, she was visiting the Larsson cottage having a peak at the tiled Dutch stove along with her sister... She hates the sweater she is wearing so will be out shopping for a suitable outfit really soon as well...

Hugs

Archived