Dollhouse Lighthouse spotted at Greenleaf

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bruce's best friend is from Maine and collects lighthouses. He's also fascinated by my minis. I showed him the prototype pic on the GL blog site and he flipped. I assured him that yes, if they come to be, I'll build one for him. He was all happy.

Deb

I showed the picture to my DH and he's now trying to find a place for it. He may get to build it too. Sounds like he could turn into a convert with this one.

Keep up the good work Dean and Greenleaf.

We just might get it if there is enough interest :jumping: I certainly hope so cause I want one and can really picture it in my minds eye :rofl:

OK, so where do we sign up????

And Holly, as for the pat on the head, been there, done that LOL and hey, as long as there is minis involved I am pat-able :D

I am in for a trade o f spaces with hubby with this, he is not to fond of the huge ceramic "kitty" (ie a black porcelain grwoling jaguar) that we have beside the door that goes out to the sun deck/patio and I am all for exchanging it with the lighthouse...

Hugs

Well, I been holding off on this one, I am not really a lighthouse kinda person, but then we go yardsale-ing...

Well for 50 cents I find a book, "Making Dolls' Houses in 1/12 scale" by Brain Nickolls. It has material lists, blueprints, diagrams, and tips to build 5 different dollhouses. All the way down to the brick or stone work patterns. Now, for those who have the book, I have to build house 5 "The Fisherman's Cottage" first then incorporate a matching stone lighthouse into the scene. For those who don't have the book, I will attach a couple pics.

Any word on an interior view yet? or did I miss that?

post-2929-1222228269_thumb.jpg

post-2929-1222228303_thumb.jpg

post-2929-1222228194_thumb.jpg

I have that book too! There are no shots of the insides yet. I know we will get an update when or if they move forward with this one. :monkeydance: I can see this lighthouse done in several different ways

Well we are hopefull and awaiting news then :popcorn:

Hugs

It is a gorgeous book - I bought it at Chapters several years ago, and paid about $30.00 as I recall. It was more than I could afford - but I was too embarrassed to say so to the sales assistant. I had asked her if they had any books on dollhouses or dollhouse miniatures, and she looked all over the place with me in tow - it was the only one they had. I just couldn't tell her I didn't want it after she'd gone to so much trouble!

I do love the book - even if only for the eyecandy and the inspiration. One day I may try to make one of the dhs, but I feel it's beyond my abilities ...

Oh, now you guys have shown me something else I want. That cottage is gorgeous. Still got to get more building experience before I try something from scratch.

BTW, I DO have a vineyard cottage...this is going to be so awesome.

Anyone thought about a brick lighthouse? Stone would be better. HMMM...

Going to go let my brain have some more fun with this one. OOHHH...stucco!

Terri

Still keeping fingers crossed as this is the building next to the Emerson Row and mr LE Arthur that has spoken to me through the screen, or should I say yelled???? :p

Hugs

Archived