Doll hair?

keinanna

Is there anything special that should be used to style it?my problem is that the daddy i ordered has really crazy hair it sticks up a bit in some areas and i would like to smooth it down a bit so it looks a bit neater. Would human hair gel or hairspray work? Or do i need something special for the doll

Candice, I use hairspray on my dolls when I style their hair. I think most people do. I use extra hold of just about any brand of pump spray. I don't use the can kind because it is harder to control. Go for it! :lol:

Also on mini dolls, human hair doesn't work, nor does dog fur...or cat fur.... I use a fiber called Viscose which is wonderful and perfect for mini dolls. It comes in human hair colors, and is soft and flexible and curls readily on rods. It used to be sold at Michael's under the name of "Wavy Locks" which is not to be confused with the "curley locks." Curley locks is not for use on mini dolls, the Wavy Locks are actually viscose material, so if you can find it at Michael's hoard it!!!!!

I have to get mine from England now......it is actually a vegetable fiber.

You can straighten the curly hair, I have an elecric kettle I use to heat water for coffee (French press pot) or tea, and it's great for setting viscose, too. Actually for a doll I want to have curls, I like the curly hair, I just wind it more tightly around a knitting needle, or a toothpick, if I want it really tight, and run it through a butane match flame lightly.