Earth & Tree Wood Strips....

Kitten

I got a few packages of the wood strips from Earth & Tree miniatures. I'm going to use them to make hardwood flooring in my Newport. I also got their parquet kit for the edges....

I think I may have bitten off more than I could chew. I'm going to glue the flooring down on cardstock and then lay the cardstock in the house.

Anyone have experience with these? How well do they take stain?

I'm anxious to get started, but I have a ton of laundry I have to attend to first.

I have them for the nottingham I am doing. Use your Easy cutter and it should work fine. I have just the straight wood strips (No parquet style :lol: ) and it was simple enough for me to use. Which house are yyou using yours with?

Thanks Tracy

Even though I was supposed to be doing laundry, I couldn't help myself and got started with them.

So far it's pretty easy. I have found that I do have to be mindful of placing each strip as close to one another as possible so I won't have gapping between the planks. Other than that, it's much easier than I anticipated.

I put a few pictures in my Newport album.

I have them for the nottingham I am doing...
Is it the 1:12 or the 1:24 scale Nottingham? The day we were there Keri was working on one (1:12) and it was GORGEOUS (and HUGE!), and the door she had made for it was my inspiration for the cross-buck kitchen door I built for the Laurel rehab and the haciendita.

Tiffanie, patterned flooring is one of the main uses for the template method. I can't wait to see what design you come up with.

As always - looks awesome! I love the wood border. Hmm...might have to steal some more ideas from you!!

What are you planning for your baseboards? Paint or stain? I want to do a house with wood throughout, but afraid my stains won't match well on floor to baseboard. Time will tell.

Shy Spirit: I haven't really done a lot more planning. I'm waiting until I get the basic stuff done (wallpaper, flooring, electric, etc.)....then I'll incorporate the theme into the furnishings/accessories.

Audra: I'm staining the baseboards and the crown molding the same color as the floor.