sadie

This is my first time at this site...SO...hello everyone! .AND.it's my first time attempting a dollhouse...a Willow..(was a gift)..I just opened the box today...whew! There sure are a lot of parts...I am already confused...should I seal ALL the wood first with shellac OR prime them if I want to paint them? Seems like there are a lot of first steps!!?!?! :blink:

Welcome to the forum Sadie! It's nice to meet you. I saw that you already found the answer to your questions about sealing. This forum is a treasure chest of information and we're all happy to help out anyway we can. Don't let all the parts intimidate you. Think of it as a large jigsaw puzzle. :blink: As you start building, it will all make sense and if you have any questions, just jump right in and ask.

Deb

Welcome to the forum Sadie! The Willow is a beautiful house!

It may help you to go ahead and view the blogs (look close to the top of your screen, there's a black word which says "Blogs" and click on it) because several houses have been built and the process is shown from start to finish.

Welcome to the Forum Sadie! This house is like a jigsaw puzzle BUT it has instructions :blink: . I prime my houses after I have built it. As long as you follow the directions you will be safe. Are you going to wallpaper the rooms? Have you picked out colors yet?

Welcome Sadie! :o

I, too, prime after the house has been put together. Makes the final coat of paint and wallpaper go on easier for a nice finished product.

Take your time, enjoy the process and take lots of pictures to share with us!! :)

Good luck!

Welcome, Sadie, I use regular sanding sealer out of the can and do both sides of the plywood sheets, letting each one dry flat on one side and then doing the other, to minimize warping. I then prime before decorating.

It's a wonderful idea to take pictures as you build, even the "oopsies". I make a notebook of each house and the mistakes (and what I do about them) are a great learning tool.