Patience?? No One Told Me I'd Need Patience!!

Connor's Mom

OK...I am finally getting a chance to spend a decent amount of time on my dh tonight, and all I am doing is waiting for glue or spackle or paint to dry! Then I try to go to the next thing and its too soon and I mess it up and have to re-do it. :D

I am impatient!! LOL I want to put my dh together NOW! Not when the pieces want me too ... sniff sniff :no:

Heavy sigh...off to wait some more! :crazyeyes:

Waiting for things to dry is when you go online, or throw a load of clothes in to wash or dry, or watch a game show or read a chapter of a good book, or teach yourself to make something in mini that doesn't involve paint,stain, glue or spackle.

Yes, I was thinking it is time to buy some Fimo LOL
Check out thrift shops for a toaster oven you can used exclusively to bake it (I also use a super-cheap oven thermometer to check its temp) and a pasta machine to help contition the clay (I wrap mine in waxed paper to keep the aluminum from leaving black marks on it).

There's also mini needlework & furniture making...

Well... I used to pray for patience (truly) until I had the opportunityto attend a "school of prayer" offered by a Franciscan monk who totally blew my mind when he explained that God answers prayer by giving you opportunities to acquire what you pray for; in the case of patience, opportunities to learn & excercise patience. Up until then I had been praying for patience with my children, without success. Once I got home and looked at the situation, the brother was very right, and now if it takes me three years or more to build a dh, that's what it takes. I wouldn't go through one minute of all that patience-learning again for Bill Gates' & Ted Turner's money combined!

Ahh yes patience. The thing I lack most. Thankfully, it seems that Im never waiting when it comes to my dollhouse builds. I always have something else to do on it. I usually build the shell and while thats drying, I paint trim or punch out other pieces, etc. I dont know what it is about my air quality in my house but things seem to dry so quickly. Paint dries in a matter of minutes. Stain in seconds. The only thing that takes longer is glue but in a few hours my shell is rock hard with all the glue dried.

I learned a long time ago that it's much easier to let something dry throughly than to mess it up and have to redo it. When you are waiting for something to dry, that's the time to paint spindles and trim, windows, doors, etc. It can be hard, but in the long run it's best to give something ample time to dry.