great, my ebay & paypal accounts were hacked!

KellyFG

In the last several weeks I bought & sold tons of miniature stuff on ebay. Now out of the blue someone listed something for sale on my account that isn't mine & this morning someone charged $168.00 to my paypal account for some weird international internet service.

Just lovely, now I have a block on my ebay account until they finish their investigation & I have to wait 10 days to get my money back from paypal :)

wow makes you wonder how they do it

i just had my paypal account frozen as they said there was an unauthorised claim on it...no idea what happened there but its so annoying :wave:

fortunately there was no money in it or in my bank account .......ahh the joys of being poor :)

Hope this doesn't sound stupid, but did you get an email that this stuff was charged, or have you checked your paypal account and ebay accounts?? The reason I ask is that I about fainted when I got an email from paypal acknowledging the purchase of a watch for about $900...I checked my account, and guess what ...it was just phishing...they wanted me to sign in to protest through the link in their email, whereby they would have gotten my ebay and paypal passwords...Gosh I hope it's something silly like that and it didn't really happen!! Good luck!! I hope it all works out ok!!

What is with ebay and paypal anyway? I don't use either one, never shop on ebay and don't buy using pay pal. Yet, I get constant emails regarding my "ebay account" and my "paypall account" neither of which I have......

So sorry you are getting ripped off. That is a legal question though isn't it? There are lawyers who let you have some free advice for free - try one......look in the yellow pages......