DDs' Primrose Dollhouses for Contest

They both turned out great!

The shingling jobs are wonderful. Let them know that from us because it is a tedious job. For them to master that level of how it looks is great!

Both the girls were very happy to hear your comments. The shingles were actually the one thing I stressed patience on - they did well until the last several rows at the top - one of their comments was, "These shingles take longer than the house did!"

Their houses are now at the miniature shop awaiting the contest which begins tomorrow. We had a big OOPSIE because not everything stayed where it was supposed to on the drive over. However, the store owner gave us some the sticki-tack (the waxy stuff) and everything was tacked back down.

I think the girls have the mini-bug because they both want to work on another house! Actually, they want to make more pioneer shops for their town. I think we'll be exercising creativity through fimo clay for a break, though!

V

The houses are really adorable. Your girls are very talented! Thanks for sharing their work. Good luck on the contest. We know how much fun they are to enter and see everyone's creativity.

WTG Girls!! :) Looks terrific to me and God Bless You for trying that shingling...I have not attempted yet, but yours looks darn good! Hoping you win this - they look like winners to me! :) And welcome to miniatures girls..hope you enjoy it all your lives..it is such a great hobby!

The contest is on-going for two weeks so we won't know anything until the 16th of August. Of course, there has been a downside to this contest - the girls were very upset that some of their important dollhouse people are not available for a couple of weeks. I told them to create a story for the missing people but they still had furrows on their little foreheads!

Ohhhh, it is so hard to wait on things like that!

Hmmm, as for them missing their little people, perhaps they could write letters or draw pics for them, and plan a "home coming" party as for when they do get back? Makes perfect excuse to play with fimo....

Hugs