started an album

miniwendy

with my first dollhouse in it. Its a rehab of an old cottage type house.

Take a look and you can see how I've put everyone's good suggestions to use! My husband calls it "Frankenhouse" because I've made so many changes to it. :lol:

Wendy

I love the colors. I would love to get a house that I could do a makeover on. It looks like so much fun to transform it into something great. Keep up the great work and keep the eye candy coming.

You are doing a great job on the house. What a good idea to use stucco in the kitchen. The siding makes such a difference to the look of the exterior! Thanks for sharing - and please add more pics as the rehab continues! :wave:

Thank you all for the compliments! :)

I got the house off of Craigslist. Nope, haven't picked furniture out yet! But, the guy who sold it to me sold it with some furniture, so hopefully I can use some of it.

My little girl said to me yesterday "Mommy, be sure and make your dollhouse really pretty so we can sell it and make lots of money!" I thought that was hilarious. Especially since I was at that moment deciding how it might look in MY livingroom. :lol:

Wendy

How sad that your little girl didn't ask to be allowed to play with it when it's finished! By all means, YOU keep it & play with it, and maybe she'll get the idea that it's fun. BTW, tell your DH that we called "Frankenhouses" kit bashing!

By golly, your bash looks a lot like a rearranged Arthur!

Well, actually my daughter has changed her tune once she realized it wasnt getting sold for millions. Its going to go live in her room :) In fact, she wants a whole 'neighborhood' in her room where all the dolls will live near each other and visit each other.

I think she had some idea that we could make lots of $ selling it on ebay and use the money to buy several dollhouses. I was showing her some really lovely professionally finished houses online that were selling for lots of $. Nice to know that she has so much confidence in my abilities! :)

It may be an Arthur, I had just guessed at LaFayette. I don't really know the kits out there all that well.

Wendy

There - all's well, Holly - Wendy's little girl has already been converted! She'll be helping her mum finish this one, and picking out the next before you know it! :)

Wendy, your daughter is thinking like a true dollhouse addict. There are a few members here who DO have a neighbourhood of houses! :)

There - all's well, Holly - Wendy's little girl has already been converted! She'll be helping her mum finish this one, and picking out the next before you know it! :)

Wendy, your daughter is thinking like a true dollhouse addict. There are a few members here who DO have a neighbourhood of houses! :)

My neighborhood may grow smaller, one of our neighbors added a consignment shop to her store in town.

We all start with one! I now have 12- (to my credit I have sold 4) My daughter has 2 1:12 scale and a large barbie one, also! It doesn't take long to form a community! I like what you are doing with your house-more pics please!