Garfield dollhouse - How many shingles do I buy ?

Robyn

Hi there ,

I have just purchased my 1st dollhouse , a lovely Garfield. I did read in a few places that this dollhouse needs 15 bags of shingles. I saw on another site that the dollhouse was being sold and the 15 bags of 400 could be purchased for it also.

What my question is ... so this dollhouse is 15 bags of 400 shingles ? I cant really find how many shingles it actually takes.

I have seen bags sold in lots of 100, 1000 and 400.

Im just needing to get an idea of the amount of shingles to purchase.

Help much appreciated,

Thanks ,

Robyn

Id buy the shingles that come in the bag of a 1000. They are much cheaper. Probably for the Garifield, you will need 2 bags of a 1000 because when I shingled my Pierce which is similar but just a bit smaller, it took me a bag of 1000.

Guest Nathaniel
Id buy the shingles that come in the bag of a 1000. They are much cheaper. Probably for the Garifield, you will need 2 bags of a 1000 because when I shingled my Pierce which is similar but just a bit smaller, it took me a bag of 1000.

I think I bought like 9 or 10 bags of shingles for my Garfield and Pierce bash (Piercefield) I think that should be plenty for both houses... I would think the garfield would need a couple of the 1000 count bags... maybe 6. Cus if you get 15 of the 400 count bags, thats 6000 shingles, so wouldnt that mean you should get 6 bags of the 1000 count?

If miniatures.com say it takes 6 bags of the 1000 pieces, then it must be true even though I dont believe they built the Garfield in that picture. They also recommend the expensive shingles. The birch veneer 1000 piece shingle bag is way cheaper.

4000 shingles -- however they come packaged -- should give you enough, if you include all the dormers for the Garfield. I bought that many ..then left off the two back dormers (you can see pics in my gallery) so had some left over, which I'm sure I'll use on another house.

Hi,

Thank you all for your input, although some replies are very different from others. I have just started my Garfield tonight, so the shingles are still a long way off.

Thank you everybody ,

Robyn :-)

• 3 weeks later...