I may have found a free Artply Allison... Is it worth 20 bux?

Guest Nathaniel

Guest Nathaniel

Well it would be free except the 20 dollars in gas or so that it would cost to go pick it up. A woman is giving away her daughter's old dollhouse, just needs some TLC. She says she has someone coming to look at it, but if it falls through than I can have it. I dont think it comes with anything, and it is definitely Artply's Allison. Here is a picture of what it looks like.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...i&img=22322

Do you think its worth the 20 bux in gas?

Let me know!

-Thanks!

-Nathaniel :)

That is the first house I built (AKA the IICC Whitney). It is definitely worth it! It's a very cute house, but it is slightly smaller than 1:12 scale IMO. You can check out the pictures of it in my gallery, and please remember it is my first house. :whistle:

Guest Nathaniel
I think it would be worth it. go for it!

Is today your last day at work?? How are things going?

Thanks for asking... next Friday is my last day. i have been Networking like Crazy though. and I am actually SUPER Excited about having some time off to job search and work on minis! YAY!

I am going to go pick this house up between 2 and 3pm today. 20 bux in gas, thats all. It comes with a few pieces of furniture too. i dont particularly care for the house, but I will do my best to rehab it into something nice, and probably sell it since it isnt my favorite... I only wanna keep my favorite houses.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. im gonna do it, and if I sell it, I'm sure I can make a profit. Any of the houses that I may end up selling, would be 100% profit, as most have been free! COOL BEANS HUH!!>??

-Nathaniel :whistle:

lucky you! that was the first wood dollhouse i had ever been around. my grandma built it and had it in her basement for when i would visit her but then she sold it. i hope to get another one someday. good luck with it

Guest Nathaniel
Go for it.

I did, and I got it! I posted pics in another thread! Check em out. It ended up being closer than I thought and probably only costed me 10 extra bucks in gas... Not bad!!!

yay!

-Nathaniel :whistle:

Guest Nathaniel
Nat, you have to ask a bunch of enablers like us? Geesh!

Ya, I guess it was a dumb question. I remember when I was gonna get that Thornhill for dirtcheap, and I asked the group, and created one of the most POPULAR threads I have EVER seen based on the response. I decided then that this group is just a bunch of filthy enablers!!! HAHAHAHAH LOL No offense of course!!! :whistle:

- Nathaniel

Ya, I guess it was a dumb question. I remember when I was gonna get that Thornhill for dirtcheap, and I asked the group, and created one of the most POPULAR threads I have EVER seen based on the response. I decided then that this group is just a bunch of filthy enablers!!! HAHAHAHAH LOL No offense of course!!! :D

- Nathaniel

:D we are the BEST enablers there are!!!!! And also always looking forward to loads of eye candy to come!!! :whistle:

Well done on getting this puppy home with you and for even less gas money!

Hugs

Guest Nathaniel
We may be a lot of things, Nat, but NEVER filthy!

Did I say filthy... I meant to say... Fluffy.... *runs away nervously*

Filthy? NOT US NAT!!!!!!!!! Hope you are having fun with your new house and that you get a new and wonderful job you will love very soon!

Thanks Gina. I dont wanna land anything too soon! I want some time off to work on minis! I had a dollhouse party this weekend. Friday into Sunday, me, my mom, my aunt Penny, and my 9 yr old cousin Courtney each picked a dollhouse and decorated it for 2-3 days straight almost! It was a BLAST!!! I went for my interview on Friday at Hameonetics in Braintree, MA for a permanent HR Assistant position. I think it went well. I went to a d.house shop called Dollhouse Treasures first and bought my very first Bespaq pieces!!! THEY ARE SOOO COOOL!! I bought a mahogany dresser and a mahogany sideboard. Ill have to post pics later when I get a chance! YAY!!!

TTYL!

-Nathaniel :)

I like Bespaq OK, but I REALLY love Reutter Porzellan! Wait til you lay eyes on THOSE beauties -- both the ceramic and the wood and the china! If I didn't restrain myself, I'd spend all my "play money" on that stuff...

I like Bespaq OK, but I REALLY love Reutter Porzellan! Wait til you lay eyes on THOSE beauties -- both the ceramic and the wood and the china! If I didn't restrain myself, I'd spend all my "play money" on that stuff...

I LOVE Reutter Porzellan! The first time I saw them at the Chicago shows, I fell in love. The pictures don't do any of the pieces justice. Thanks to Lillian, I have a couple of pieces to keep me happy for now. I need to win the lottery to support my habit. I used to say I needed a second job, but that would take more time away from my minis, and that's not happening :crazyeyes: .

Guest Nathaniel

I find Bespaq to be UBER EXPENSIVE!!! So, I never really liked it. But, this dollhouse shop in Braintree had her Bespaq furniture marked down, PLUS she gave me 10% off because I told her I belong to the Greenleaf community and she considers that a "club"!!! Club members get an additional 10% off anything in her store. Anyways, I LOVE REUTTER Porzellan too! They are not as pricey as Bespaq but are just as beautiful in many cases. I have two beautiful sinks by reutter, a porcelain double sink with gold and flowers on it, and a black victorian dry sink made of black wire and has beautiful towels and accessories attached to it. They are both great companies if you can afford their miniatures...

I LOVE Reutter Porzellan! The first time I saw them at the Chicago shows, I fell in love. The pictures don't do any of the pieces justice. Thanks to Lillian, I have a couple of pieces to keep me happy for now. I need to win the lottery to support my habit. I used to say I needed a second job, but that would take more time away from my minis, and that's not happening :crazyeyes: .

hahahha, I am currently unemployed and I feel the same way. I dont want to work cus it will take time away from my mini hobby! I really need to win the lottery as well...

Reuter Porcelain AND Bespaq? Your dollhouses are well supplied! :crazyeyes:

I also love both lines - very pricey - I actually won a Bespaq nursery set. It's not the usual, highly decorative furniture - it has simple lines. It's still beautiful!