milled mdf source?

miniwendy

I used thin plywood from Home Depot to make an addition on my house. Then I glued on the siding sheets that were about 3 1/2 in. wide. The dollhouse is made of milled MDF. I found MDF difficult to cut and very heavy. I am also having a problem tape wiring the main section of the house. It is hard to get the little brads in MDF.

i think you might be able to buy wall sections from realgoodtoys if you contact them. i remember someone saying here that they wanted to put an addition on their house and they ordered whaveter parts they wanted to make it themselves.

Sorry, wasn't specific enough - it doesn't have to be MDF specifically, just premilled wood. Milled plywood would be fine.

I was just wondering if there was a convenient local hardware/craft store type source that I didn't know about that carried milled boards. I suppose I could order from rgt, but can't even imagine what it would cost. If I were a real expert at this I would consider it, but I'm definitely a rookie!

For now I'll just stick with my local hardware plywood and those nice affordable siding strips from Greenleaf.com!!

Thanks

Wendy

For now I'll just stick with my local hardware plywood and those nice affordable siding strips from Greenleaf.com!!

Sounds like the best and easiest way to go. I have never seen milled plywood or MDF for sale. It is interesting the Real Good Toys people might sell just MDF or plywood for miniature scratch-built projects.

:whistle: