Trouble with quotes

fov

Hey SuzyQ. Welcome to the forum. :D

I fixed the quote tags in some of your posts so they would display correctly. You were missing the at the end of the quoted area in most of them. ;)

I look forward to seeing your progress on this house!

Hey SuzyQ.  Welcome to the forum.  :D

I fixed the quote tags in some of your posts so they would display correctly.  You were missing the at the end of the quoted area in most of them.  ;)

I look forward to seeing your progress on this house!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Well I tried it again but I doubt it worked. I will mess with it some more when I get home from work.

SuzyQ

boy am i making a mess out of those quotes

SuzyQ

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Suzy, when replying to something and you want to quote, simply go to the post that you want to quote off of, or reply to, and choose "quote". That brings it up. Then use your cursor and come down to two lines below the last

Edited by Mini Man

Suzi, I just fixed your quote. Just make sure you have one

tag at the beginning of the quote and one more at the end that has a /quote inside the brackets. You can also press the Quote button above the area where you type your response, then put in the quote, then press it again. It fills in the tags for you.

Linda, I tried to fix yours and couldn't. No idea what's wrong with it. :D You broke the forum! ;)

Never mind Suzy. For some reason my quotes are now doing the exact same thing that yours are, so I've alerted administration.

OK, I found the problem. You have only the clsoing part of the quote tag in the paragraph when you were explaining how to use the quotes (see below)

Then use your cursor and come down to two lines below the last [/quote] that you see, and being typing.

So Linda didn't realy break the forum.

I hope I explained that well enough.

Dean

Well it says I still have room  ohh welll  I think I will not add that deep pink carpet, it's tooo much

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't worry about the carpet. It won't lok so PINK :D with all you furniture in it. Very nice looking.

I'm planning on a more modern inside, rather than a "traditional" victorian. Although the outside will be fairly traditional. I do not think I will be adding all teh trims to the roof and such. Too ornate for my taste.

OK, I found the problem.  You have only the clsoing part of the quote tag in the paragraph when you were explaining how to use the quotes (see below)

I think you're right, it's putting the quote tags in the middle of the text (to explain how the quotes work) that's fowling everything up. It works a little differently than on some of the other forums I use.

Eh, whatever. Don't worry about it, Suzi. Just write your posts and have a good time. :D If you want to see how it looks on the quotes that were fixed, just click the edit button on your post and you'll be able to see what it should look like to get the quote working correctly. (You'll only be able to see this on one of your own posts, not on somebody else's.)

Okay the quote stuff has my head going

Using the QUOTE function

When you find a post that you would like to reference, click the quote button below the post.

This with bring up the reply window with the following already in the text box

[quote=heidiiiii5,Feb 16 2006, 02:04 PM]
Okay the quote stuff has my head going
[right][snapback]21731[/snapback][/right]
[/quote][/code]

Just click your mouse anywhere below that code and type your response.

Some of you may have notice the curly arrow button that appears in some of the quotes. Clicking that button will return you to the post it was taken from.

You can also use the MULTI button to quote a bunch of post at once. Just click the multi button on as many post as you want, and then click the add reply button. A bunch of code will already be in the text box for you. All you do is click below it and add your response.

I hope that helped!

Dean

BTW, love your progress! How very beautiful your house is, and I LOVE the wallpaper!

LP thank for all the help. I am trying it again. I hope I didn't break the forum LOL. Thanks for the compliment in the house but, that wasn't mine you saw. I haven't posted any pictures yet lol :D I think that was luvmypoodle's house.

Okay here goes I am going to post this.

SuzyQ

Doogster

I was just teasing  :blink:  How is your Garfield coming along.  Any idea what color you are going to use on the exterior?

SuzyQ

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Roger that. I knew I wanted to do the windows white, and the colour for the exterior came to me while, well posting here, looking around the office. The colour of the walls here. Not the office it's a bit dark, but the halls, kitchen etc. Marg did it before we met. Kind of a taupe, think I'll take some and add a load of white and make a buscuit. I want the main walls and the white windows to be subtly different.