Bashed Story Book

Well, I am finally ready to share pictures of my latest house. This is the first time I have ever done a thatched roof. This is the Story book coattge bashed, of course :thank_you: . I am not finished yet but plan to have it completed this week. Tell me what you think. Is there anything missing? Something I should do differently? Let me know. The thatched roof was very difficult for me but I had been wanting to do this for a while so I did it. I used clay of course B)

Here is the picture and there is more in the gallery I just uploaded:

This is before I did the touch ups!

gallery_4_2144_1435627.jpg

Here is the link to the album:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...&album=2144

Thanks You two!! This house is not finished yet so you are right, the door knobs have not been added yet B) The upstairs still is not finished yet either. I did not add any inside shots yet though. They are coming this week too.

I love thatched roofs - on dollhouses. On RL houses, they have too many bugs! I want to do a thatched roof, but never thought of using paperclay for it. Great work! It looks very authentic.

Thank You All for your words!! I had so much fun with this cottage! I am so pleased with the roof that I am tickled every time look at it. Bea, I sell all of my houses. I am more of a builder than collector though I do have 4 that are totally mine and never for sell :) .

Deirdre, This was built from the Story Book Cottage. You can see it in the greenlaf store here:

http://shop.greenleafdollhouses.com/Wooden...lhouse-Kit.html

Well, All I have to do is add some birds, rabbits and door handles. I may add a little pond too but for the most part it is almost completed!!

You can see the updated shots here:

http://gallery.me.com/toppdollar#100268&am...black&sel=1

I will upload them here on the forum too. I have to wait to the sun sets some cause it is right above my head so I still can't get the good shots I want of it.

Awesome, as I've come to expect. I like all the little touches. What is the (yellow?) thing on the left corner of the bay's weathered copper roof? The medallion above the window over the bay is also a nice touch.

I wish my monitor registered better! With al the little critters your cottage roof will remind me of Peggi's WO!

Wendy, she could just add "Queen of Paperclay" to her title, to read "Queen of Paperclay Building Dollhouses on the Edge of Fantasy, because it's who she is & what she does so well.

I am SO glad to be home, although it's just until Thursday, when we're off again; but this time just for a week; our bicycle club has an annual "dog days" event every August where we gather at Suwanee River State Park to pedal, paddle & generally piddle around. I really like the shorter trips, especially as we came home once more to uninvited "guests" of the rodent persuasion, and even the mummified remains in the traps hadn't seemed much of a deterrent (but I know the little hatefuls still groove on peanutbutter! Great way to use up our old recalled Peter Pan!).