sad day

ilovecats

We took one of our cats to be put to sleep a couple of hours ago. Her name was Molly and I had her from the time she was a kitten. My ex husband and I saved her from extermination, she was in the pound and was scheduled to die the next morning. Anyway, she was a great companion, furbaby over the years. About 7 years ago she almost died of a bowel obstruction and had surgery. She was on steroids from that time on. It took its toll on her and shortened her life. She has declined over the past year and especially the past few weeks. This evening, it was time to help her end her hard life. She didn't put up a fight and just purred the whole time that i held her and as she was euthanized. Andrew and I took her in to the emergency vet and we helped her to have a peaceful end. We will both miss her very much.

She was a great furbaby friend and a great pal of Dougal, the cat that Andrew had to have put to sleep just over a year ago. I know they are together now, friends i know, rejoined now that they have passed. We miss them both very much.

Oh Marg, I am so sorry for your loss. Very hard to do, but when they are suffering it is the kindest thing to do for them, however difficult it is for us. I like to think my fur-kids are up there eating all the Velveeta cheese they want, they both have their own couch to lounge on, and I know they have no aches or pains.

Sending you BIG HUGS :group:

Oh Marg I am so sorry to hear that you and Andrew had to go through with this. It is one of the hardest decisions ever to have to take but also one of the most important ones.

I know you will miss her terribly but then again picturing her with Dougal might help just a little.

Lots of hugs to you!

I am so sorry for your loss! It is so hard to have to go through this with our furbabies. It sounds like you gave her a wonderful life, extending her life for much longer than was expected. I'm sure she's with her buddy on a nice soft cushion, right now.

So sorry to hear about your fur baby. It's so hard to let them go. They bring us so much happiness. I am feeling what you're feeling right now with the loss of my Carly last week. Hugs to you... :group:

Dear Marj....such a sad time. We've all lost our beloved furbabies throughout the years and know just what you are going through. You had courage to do this, but no one wants their babies to suffer. She will be missed but waiting on the Bridge for you.

Oh Marg, I'm so sorry about your loss. Molly was such a beautiful fur baby. I know you're going to miss her terribly. My thoughts are with you.

Deb

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose a furbaby. I lost one a couple of years ago that I had for 8 years, and several years ago I lost one that I had for 16 years. I still miss both of them.

Molly was a great little cat, she is deeply missed by us. It was her time though, she declined quickly. The people at the animal ER were great. Thanks for all the good will guys.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd missed this thread too. Marg and Andrew, I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. I know that you love your furbabies as much as I do. She's at peace now and I'll bet she's with Dougal and my Dudley.

-Susanne