Inventory of my dollhouse furniture room sets...

Guest Nathaniel

Guest Nathaniel

So I did a count today of my ENTIRE inventory of dollhouse furniture... I broke it up by room sets... heres what I have now:

23 bedroom sets - 3 to build

15 bathrooms

16 living rooms - 3 to build

11 kitchen sets

11 offices - 3 to build

9 dining rooms

9 foyer sets

8 children's bedrooms

7 breakfast rooms

6 patio sets

5 nursery sets

4 music rooms

4 sewing rooms

4 work rooms

4 dog houses

2 game rooms

1 laundry room

In total, I have about 135 dollhouse furniture room sets!!!! YIKES!!!

But, I still do not have enough to fill every house I own. I will still need a TON of furniture to fill my 22+ room Piercefield (Garfield and Pierce bash). Thus, I still have a lifetime left of collecting to do.... :dunno:

I know this amount of furniture sounds crazy, but, keep in mind that I have got TONS of furniture for free, I've bought or recieved ENTIRE collections for free or dirt cheap, and I have racked up more credit card debt than I care to think about... LOL

I actually plan on selling a bunch of the stuff that I dont think I will ever use. And I plan on selling some of my houses, probably my Blue Colonial first, but I want to flip it first and make it more desirable...

Anyways, just though id share my craziness with everyone... Is anyone out there as bad as me??? Let me know!

Thanks!

- Nathaniel :groupwave:

Well, I have 122 House of Miniature kits unbuilt and 3 Realife kits with multi pieces in them (unbuilt) and many built HOM pieces that I purchased or made. Cant even come close to you on sets - goodness! I'd hate to see your Visa/Mastercard bill (just kidding).

You have beaten me by very little!!LOL! I thinks we may both have a compulsive mini buying disorder! I also, won't have the exact set I want when I go to furnish my next house!!! Yep, I'm totally as bad as you!!! Maybe worst 'cause I'm totally addicted to Flooring and curtains and paints, too!! I have 300 bottles of craft colors.

Have you started the Piercefield yet? You have tons of furniture. Have you inventoried your wallpaper, baseboards. etc.? You will need tons of all those thing also. I can't even decide on wallpaper for more than five rooms at a time and I start using the same patterns too much. Hope you let us all know if you decide to sell anything. :dunno:

You seem to have a knack for getting some really good deals on furniture and accessories. If you have too many rooms you can always try selling the extras on e-bay. I sometimes get lots on e-bay and wind up with extra items that I know will never be used. Your Pierce-Garfield will need a large amount of furniture.

Guest Nathaniel
I'm catching up to you fast!

Uh oh, I didnt know it was a race! I better go buy some more!! Just kidding! lol

Well, I have 122 House of Miniature kits unbuilt and 3 Realife kits with multi pieces in them (unbuilt) and many built HOM pieces that I purchased or made. Cant even come close to you on sets - goodness! I'd hate to see your Visa/Mastercard bill (just kidding).

I love the HOM kits! I probably have a couple dozen ubbuilt and a couple dozens built hom kits. My Visa bill is actually not too bad, I think I have it under control. Its a little high but I make HUGE credit card payments every month, so its getting better...

I'm praying now that I don't get more than I need for the houses I have.

Its crazy, I would think i would have MORE than enough furniture, but I really dont, I still need quite a bit for my Piercefield, which will have to be a very slow project over the rest of my life, because I only want the BEST furniture in that house....

You have beaten me by very little!!LOL! I thinks we may both have a compulsive mini buying disorder! I also, won't have the exact set I want when I go to furnish my next house!!! Yep, I'm totally as bad as you!!! Maybe worst 'cause I'm totally addicted to Flooring and curtains and paints, too!! I have 300 bottles of craft colors.

Yes, I am definitely OCD when it comes to buying minis... I have a ton of wallpaper, got alot of free samples of it from Lowes!

Have you started the Piercefield yet? You have tons of furniture. Have you inventoried your wallpaper, baseboards. etc.? You will need tons of all those thing also. I can't even decide on wallpaper for more than five rooms at a time and I start using the same patterns too much. Hope you let us all know if you decide to sell anything. :dunno:

I've planned out alot of the Piercefield, but have not started it yet. You can bet that I will be posting progress pics as soon as I do start it though.

I have not inventoried by wallpaper or baseboards, but I know I have alot, lol.

Ya, I would probably let you all know if I decide to sell anything. i think I may put my stuff up on ebay though, as thats where I think I would get the most money for it, cus the most people see it. You see the thing is, with me, Im sooooo attached to my miniatures, that if I ever do decide to sell any of them, I will only take TOP dollar for them, so that I can pay off my debt from buying minis (or buy more minis) LOL :groupwave:

Silly me.... I will never learn....

Guest Nathaniel
You seem to have a knack for getting some really good deals on furniture and accessories. If you have too many rooms you can always try selling the extras on e-bay. I sometimes get lots on e-bay and wind up with extra items that I know will never be used. Your Pierce-Garfield will need a large amount of furniture.

yes, and that is why I have so much. EVerything was an amazing bargain, on sale, on clearance, or even free! Ya, I may end up selling some of my extra stuff on ebay.

ya, my Piercefield will require alot of high quality furniture. Maybe someday I will be able to afford Bespaq furniture and I will fill that house with that and it will be a MUSEUM quality house. Or... maybe I am just dreaming... lol

Anyways, just though id share my craziness with everyone... Is anyone out there as bad as me??? Let me know!

I think you're in good company here! Lol! There are many of us that have tons of mini furnishings & accessories.

I've not taken an actual inventory of my stuff, the task itself seems daunting because there's just sooooo much of it! But it's on my list of things to do. I know I can comfortably furnish 6 of my dollhouses with the stuff I have right now. I'm still collecting for my biggest custom house but I think that one will take a few years to gather all the furnishings/accessories.

In addition to the stuff I know I'll be using in my houses, I have 100+ h.o.m. kits, a couple real life room kits, several other furniture kits by assorted companies and enough furnishings to fill a mini hotel! lol

On top of kits & ready made furnishings I have quite a collection of trims & mouldings, purchased a little bit at a time for use on my houses.

And last but not least, I have in excess of 1,000 sheets of dollhouse wallpaper (yes, 1,000). A woman who was closing up shop sold me her wallpaper inventory for a good price. Still trying to figure out a way to list all the wallpaper in the trade section without having to take a hundred pictures! lol.

I'm hoping before the end of the summer to make an inventory of everything I have and then list the stuff I know I won't be using in the trade section & see if I can't trade for things I need.

Guest Nathaniel
I think you're in good company here! Lol! There are many of us that have tons of mini furnishings & accessories.

I've not taken an actual inventory of my stuff, the task itself seems daunting because there's just sooooo much of it! But it's on my list of things to do. I know I can comfortably furnish 6 of my dollhouses with the stuff I have right now. I'm still collecting for my biggest custom house but I think that one will take a few years to gather all the furnishings/accessories.

In addition to the stuff I know I'll be using in my houses, I have 100+ h.o.m. kits, a couple real life room kits, several other furniture kits by assorted companies and enough furnishings to fill a mini hotel! lol

On top of kits & ready made furnishings I have quite a collection of trims & mouldings, purchased a little bit at a time for use on my houses.

And last but not least, I have in excess of 1,000 sheets of dollhouse wallpaper (yes, 1,000). A woman who was closing up shop sold me her wallpaper inventory for a good price. Still trying to figure out a way to list all the wallpaper in the trade section without having to take a hundred pictures! lol.

I'm hoping before the end of the summer to make an inventory of everything I have and then list the stuff I know I won't be using in the trade section & see if I can't trade for things I need.

Ya, I may have more wallpaper than I need as well. I would take one big pic of like 10 sheets of wallpaper, and then label each one as wallpaper a, b, c, d, and so on. and then people can request which wallpaper they want or whatever... just an idea though...

Wow, you have tons just like me though. I cant believe how many HOM kits some people have!!! I really love how those look when they are complete though. Id like to do an ENTIRE house in just HOM kits, i think that would look GREAT!

unreal nathaniel!..... are you sure you are not running a store outta your home? Well atleast you know you will never go hungry! (you always have somthing to sell) lol :groupwave:

This is true, if I ever needed to sell my miniatures (god forbid i hope I dont ever have to do that), i could probably live off of the income from it for a year! lol

But no, im not running a store, cus I just cant bare to part with anything! LOL :dunno:

I have enough furniture to fill the two I built, plus some extra's that I have for a house that will be my grandmparents home (dolls) and picking up things for my future QA. My daughter had fisher price homes that we sold, but kept the furntiture that she is using in a few rooms. Now that she is getting older, we are changing over to non-plastic 'kid' type furniture. We plan on selling her fisher price furniture, her dora dollhouse and a huge tote of dora accesories to save towards the QA. Just a matter of finding a buyer. I'll probably just use the resale shop for that.

Guest Nathaniel

I actually plan on selling alot of my cheaper furniture, probably on ebay, to pay off debt from other miniatures, and save up money for higher quality furniture. Honestly, I really only want to collect furniture of high quality, but sometimes you just have to get something that you need for a particular purpose, and it isnt always the highest quality. Id rather have less furniture of a higher quality, than more furniture of a cheaper quality, same with my houses, I may end up downsizing those too, and just keeping my favorites, and making room for more high quality houses and furniture should they come my way in the future....

However, i have such a hard time parting with ANY of my miniatures... they are just tooo special to me...

-Nathaniel :group:

Wow. That's a lot of furniture. Especially to me since I make almost all of mine as I go along. I buy very little in furnishings. I do buy some, but not a lot. My weakness is strip wood and moldings. I have a mini lumber yard in the making.

This hobby is very addictive! It seems the more you have the more you want, and the more space you need to handle it all! I've not run out of space yet, there is still room for more! LOL

Hey Nathaniel - I know you mentioned this before, may I ask, but what is it that you do for a living?? Just curious to see a young man on. One of my boys helps me out. How did you get started??

My husband and I got rid of our credit cards. I have NO willpower at all and would have ran us further into the ground.

You know, my family always says "oh, you have so much of that dollhouse stuff" but I only have 33 HOM kits, one Realife kitchen, two 1:12 suits of armour and 3 of those HO scale little houses, several houseskits (I forget how many), plus some odds and ends of furniture that I pick up here and there.

I bow to the masters and mistresses (eh, what?) of miniature acquisition. lol! You guys rock!

Guest Nathaniel
Wow. That's a lot of furniture. Especially to me since I make almost all of mine as I go along. I buy very little in furnishings. I do buy some, but not a lot. My weakness is strip wood and moldings. I have a mini lumber yard in the making.

I need to make more of mine. i have sooo many kits to build...

This hobby is very addictive! It seems the more you have the more you want, and the more space you need to handle it all! I've not run out of space yet, there is still room for more! LOL

This is so true. and I always can FIND space, i just cant find the money to keep buying...

Hey Nathaniel - I know you mentioned this before, may I ask, but what is it that you do for a living?? Just curious to see a young man on. One of my boys helps me out. How did you get started??

My husband and I got rid of our credit cards. I have NO willpower at all and would have ran us further into the ground.

I work in Human Resources Management - but just found out today that my temp assignment is ending on August 1st, so my full time job now is job hunting!!!

I got started on minis really when I was little. I remember seeing an amazing dollhouse in an antique shop and being intrigued ever since!

You know, my family always says "oh, you have so much of that dollhouse stuff" but I only have 33 HOM kits, one Realife kitchen, two 1:12 suits of armour and 3 of those HO scale little houses, several houseskits (I forget how many), plus some odds and ends of furniture that I pick up here and there.

I bow to the masters and mistresses (eh, what?) of miniature acquisition. lol! You guys rock!

I have sooooo much, my family is almost disgusted with how many minis I have, but they respect that it is my hobby and I love it.

I have sooooo much, my family is almost disgusted with how many minis I have, but they respect that it is my hobby and I love it.

Well, the way I look at it, this hobby keeps us off the streets! Um, unless of course, there's a dollhouse by the curb!! :group:

Good luck with your job hunting.

However, i have such a hard time parting with ANY of my miniatures... they are just tooo special to me...

Me too - I did sell some pieces of old Shackman and now I regret it, since I am rehabing/reinventing some I did keep and like them for country type/simple houses. Of course, I dont think I could part with any of my special pieces...

Guest Nathaniel
Well, the way I look at it, this hobby keeps us off the streets! Um, unless of course, there's a dollhouse by the curb!! B)

Good luck with your job hunting.

This is true. I call my Hobby my Anti-drug as well. If I ever see a dollhouse on a curb I will probably smash up my car trying to find a place to park so I can GRAB IT!!! Lol

Me too - I did sell some pieces of old Shackman and now I regret it, since I am rehabing/reinventing some I did keep and like them for country type/simple houses. Of course, I dont think I could part with any of my special pieces...

I dont think I will ever sell anything I would regret selling. I have been meaning to sell some of the stuff I dont need lately anyways. I may land a job sooner than I think, but either way, I need to get rid of some of my less desirable pieces. SOme I may rehab or reinvent though as well, or maybe not.

What was Shackman?