Angles degrees

Just One More

I am not at all good at math. In high school my teacher only passed me in general math if I promised I wouldn't take algebra. Mind you this was way before hand held calculators. I was looking in the RGT catalog at the porch door for mansard roofs in the Lilliput section. It says fits 12 1/2 degree roof. How do you measure a pitch in degrees? I know there's something you can get wherever you get rulers but can't remember what it's called. I want to get one of those doors for the Alison Jr. I have the Cranberry Cove to compare to, but angles, even shingles make me crazy. How have I lived so long without knowing this? :giggle:

It's the mansard roof on the Alison Jr. I added the extension and thought I'd make a door out to it with a railing and maybe put some wire furniture and flowers out there. I think the roof on the Cranberry Cove is the same pitch. I may get an extension for that also.

It sounds really neat. It seems to me that the extensions ought to fit, since both they & the houses are made by RGT, without having to play major mathmetician. I would probably lay a piece of paper at right angles with the side edge of the mansard with one edge even with the bottom edge of the roof and fold it along the angled edge and compare that to the edge of the extension. I've had minor issues measuring with an instrument like a protractor and trusting to it absolutely.