There just may be hope and help for my basement

Just One More

I've been thinking all along that the disaster in my basement was a result of the shower stall being installed over the main drain. I called the City and talked to the head of building permits and he said the shower would never have been approved and was against codes the way it was installed. He said since it is almost two years since I bought the house I could have a problem getting any compensation from the seller but that the home inspector who I paid to inspect this house should have seen that it was not up to code and noted it in his report. He said I could get an attorney on a contingency if possible and go for it. When I told him my son was handicapped and lost his whole independent living situation He said the City has some programs for seniors in my situation and I should come down Monday and see what can be done. So, maybe we can get help with this. He said people build all the time without permits and only get caught when someone gets hurt. Codes are not just suggestions, they are the law. I hope they can help us get somewhat back to normal.

Oh Pat, I feel just horrible for you with this situation!! I truly hope they can find something that will help to compensate and help get you and your son get back to a comfortable living situation. We take for granted our day-to-day way of life - but when something beyond our control disrupts it, we sure feel the agony and really appreciate our "day-to-day boring".

Keeping my fingers crossed for you that they will find something that works in your favor!! :p

Chris

Pat -

I hope that there will be some help for you. At least perhaps the city can direct you. I know here in Canada, when a town, city or area gets hit with some bad weather the Province usually directs some money to help those who have been hard hit. Hopefully, your city or state will do likewise.

-Susanne

Truly hoping there can be a remedy to this problem for you. How awful to have to live like this. But someone has finally listened to you and given you direction! That is great!

Good luck on Monday!