Which Look Do You Like the best  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which Look Do You Like the best

• A
    • B
    • Don't like the new Ken
    • Who Is Ken
    • Who Cares He is an accessory to Barbie

2 years ago Barbie Left Ken for a new guy named Blaine. The story is Ken has been to the gym so that he looks buff and stylish, and now Barbie's boy toy Ken wants to win back the doll he split from two years ago.

Mattel saythat Barbie's long-time boyfriend wants to rekindle his decades-long romance with Barbie and get her to give Blaine a goodbye.

Mattel is hoping Ken's return to retail stores can also revitalise the company's overall fortunes. In January, the company blamed sagging Barbie sales for sagging profits.

Mattel said in February 2004 that Barbie and Ken had split after 43 years because they wanted to spend some time apart.

So now that Ken has this new look tell me. Would you want Barbie back after you got a makeover? She left him to begin with. I feel Ken needs counseling LOL. For real though what do you think this message is sending to our girls. Most of you know that I am a BIG time collector of Baribie dolls. I am just wondering what you all think about all of this. Also, Which picture of Ken do you like the best?

A. post-4-1140016239_thumb.jpg

B. post-4-1140016269_thumb.jpg

I had no idea that Ken had changed so much over the last few years. Isn't he a little to old to be pretending to be a backstreet boy? Are both of those pictures supposed to be Ken? :) To be honest, I don't think that either of them look like marraige material! Perhaps Barbie should keep looking. :D

Barbie left Ken for Blaine??? Ken, don't be stupid - you can find another girl!!! :D I also have a small Barbie collection but in my opinion neither Barbie nor Ken have ever been very attractive. I prefer a more natural look and cute faces, I'm not really into Boygroup-guys and girlie-girls. And I'm not very interested in Barbie's private life. She can date whomever she likes! :):D

BTW I prefer the vintage Barbie dolls and (lucky me) I own one of the very first Kens - and he has a nice face! :D

After 43 years of waiting for Ken it was time for Barbie to move on. The "new" Ken looks like he went to "Extreme Makeover" & asked them to make him look like a Bratz boyz. I kept looking for the stud in the lower lip or the safetypin in the eyebrow, at least an earring!

I got a copy of Barbie Bazaar today and there's an article about Ken with pictures, there's one of him pumped up like a romance novel cover model and another where he looks his age ("James Bond") :)

Personally, I think both Barbie and Ken are too vain to be in any kind of a relationship! Perhaps Ken should have hit therapy instead of the gym! And who goes from being blonde to being black?! :) Who would date someone for 43 years?!! And now Barbie's been dating Blaine for two years?! What's wrong with that woman?!! I'm tellin' ya, if a guy doesn't have his act together after about a year, then it's time to hit the trail! Of course, we're talking adult ages here, not children!! :D

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!! :D

What the heck??? I check out the Barbie aisle now and then and I have never seen Blaine. But I guess I wasn't looking at the boy dolls anyway.

I hate that black-leather Ken. The surfer Ken looks like the old guy to me... Blond and fun-loving. I didn't realize it was a new doll.

This question is just kind of off the mark, I think, because "Barbie" and "Ken" as global entities just don't make sense. You need a beach Ken to go with your beach Barbie, a Doctor Ken to go with your Doctor Barbie, etc.

My Barbie dolls had two potential boyfriends: Donny Osmond (purple socks and all) and Tonto. I did get a Ken doll later, though.

my Barbies Boyfriends were Steve Austin(6 millon dollar man)

and GIJoe! I of course had to steal...errmm borrow them from my younger brother!

I never had a ken....and quite frankly those guy dolls they make look way to metrosexal for me! give me a mountainear or construction worker!

nutti :o

:o Why repair something that wasn't broken? Barbie has been 'dating' Ken for years. I don't like this Blaine doll--he reminds me of Eddie Hascal on Leave it to Beaver. ;)

I also have to think---the original designer of Barbie certainly didn't foresee Barbie giving up Ken for a doll named Blaine. I had seen Blaine in the stores, but didn't think too much of him. Ken belongs with Barbie, like Donny and Marie. Though I didn't have a Donny Osmond doll, I had Marie. And my Barbies always dated the G.I. Joe's next door--they liked driving in the jeep vs. going surfing with someone who didn't have a great job like G.I.Joe. Barbie owned the winnebago, beach buggy....etc.

I don't much care for what they did to Ken either. :) Looks like a cross between the Fonz and John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever. :p

I never had a ken....and quite frankly those guy dolls they make look way to metrosexal for me! give me a mountainear or construction worker!

nutti :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I married a construction worker!!! This reminds me of the Heidi Ott 1" scale dolls. I have one, but I haven't bought any male dolls of hers because they are so effeminate... they look like transexuals! Yikes! So I guess my woman will be single until I can afford to pay someone to make a husband for her from scratch. She needs a colonial guy... like Mel Gibson in The Patriot.

This reminds me of the Heidi Ott 1" scale dolls.  I have one, but I haven't bought any male dolls of hers because they are so effeminate... they look like transexuals!  Yikes!

I know what you mean! Heidi Ott's men look very feminine - my mom doesn't like them too. I don't have a problem with them. Maybe it's because I'm only 22 - I'm still attracted to "boys" not "real man"- they don't have to be mountainear or construction worker as long as they aren't singer in a boygroup! :o

I had such a reply to this thread, but chose not to post it. I little too politically incorrect

My first post was deleted for that reason.

I found it interesting to read somewhere that the Barbies were originally designed to replace paperdolls.

• 3 months later...

I just bought a Frank Sanatra Doll off of ebay today. I am getting the dolls & furniture ready for my Barbie roombox that I plan on doing when I move. :blink:

Here is a picture of the doll I just got

Ain't he Handsome?

:huh:

post-4-1148688539_thumb.jpg

OMG, if you've EVER seen the publicity photos of "young Frankie" when he sang with the big bands, the likeness is just stunning. It was before my time, but I used to squeal whenever Elvis came on Ed Sullivan's show...

Had to vote "who cares - he was an accessory". My Barbies never had a Ken hanging around. They were always to busy taking care of the horses on their ranch, camping & building their dream house out of cardboard boxes :lol:

My favorite Barbie wasn't a blonde either - she had black hair - - compliments of my mother's permanent markers!

My daughters dolls no longer have blond hair. Every since I showed them how to add streaks using markers, well Barbie has been a punk rocker since :lol:

They use the crayola ones cause you can wash the hair and repaint it again :p