Picked up a federal dh yesterday

alycemina

This is what I picked up yesterday - an ebay win (RT drive was 150 miles but the house and furniture were won for $104.50!) The kit costs over $500 so what score. I did have to buy DH lunch at a nice place on the Jersey Shore, but I have to eat too!

post-1825-1215779484_thumb.jpg

post-1825-1215779493_thumb.jpg

The house looks really nice and a great deal. What a great excuse to make a day trip to the Jersey Shore and get to pick up a wonderful "souvenir" from your trip. Post pics on the furniture too. Are you going to leave it as it is or do you have a different color scheme picked out?

Congrats on a cool house! I can't wait to see how you fix it up and make it look great!

I have one as well but it cost me about $560.00 (with additions) and at that time it was a good price. turns out I got the smooth plywood and by the time I paid for all the siding, I should have just bought the kit with milled siding. It would have looked better as well. I still have some work to do on mine. I need to build a table for it...the long table i have it on now sags a little bit in the middle due to the weight, so I can't add the double porch yet. I also need to add all the widow walk trim and a some trim pieces to the outside. On the inside I need to trim out the front opening panels and install the staircases/railings. Then it should be done. I'd like to replace a couple of the rooms of wallpaper as well....it was the first house that I built and I just used the wallpaper that I had on hand. I bought this house due to the room sizes.