LaFayette

miss_maya

So, my second e-bay purhcased house finally arrived. After many, MANY weeks of back and forth and misplaced parcels and silly mailing peolpe, it is now home; safe and sound. It's a Dura Craft LaFayette, and I was wondering if anyone has ever built it before? I'm still working (very slowly and sparingly) on my first house, the Tiffani, so the LaFayette will remain in the box for some time. But, I do like looking at pictures of other people's work, and there are just TOO many people on this glorious site to search through all of the galleries. So, has anyone built it? And can they share pictures, or guide me to their Galleries?

Please?!

:)

It's a darling little house. I have one in the basement partially finished. I was making it into a house of ill repute, but now I'm not sure....... It's just sitting there waiting for me - but I am still working on my Pierce ......

I have one in my gallery that you can look at. It was very easy and fast to put together. I did leave out the spiral stairs, because I just couldn't get them to look good. I want to put different ones in someday, or maybe a cute rustic ladder.

That was my first dollhouse and hooked me into building. It's a terrific little house. I refurbished mine and gave it to my neice a few years ago. She's just became a teenager now and doesn't care about dollhouses so I'm hoping she doesn't decide to get rid of it. My sister's the type to just throw it away. She's a neat freak and hates clutter. I told her if she ever decides to get rid of it to just call me and I'll take it back. Who knows if she will or not, though. It was like giving up my baby and I'd hate to see it in the garbage bin.

Thanks for all the replies guys. It does look like a cute little house, but with enough floor space to make it nice and usable. I'm pretty excited, honestly.

PLUS I'll be checking out everyone's galleries now, lol. I'm excited. I couldn't find too many pics of it when I searched the house name, so it'll be interesting to see some that are fully done. If nothing else, I wanna see how much can fit in the space!