Trigger thumb?

chellebelle

Starting last month, I began to have trouble using my left hand and thumb. It was painful and stiff, then the joints started "locking up" At first I just thought it was from the MS, but it kept getting worse. I went to the doctor yesterday and was told it is a ruptured ligament, and I have to see a hand surgeon. I know it is a minor thing compared to what other people face, but I am just curious if anyone else has had it. More importantly, will it interfere with working on my dollhouses, lol? It's splinted now, so I'm just removing it to work on my Orchid. ( paperclay sticks to the velcro) Any advice will be appreciated.

Hi Michelle, My mom had trigger finger...it was her middle finger (looked like she was inadvertently flipping people off!), so it wasn't "used" as much as your thumb or pointer. Anyway it never bothered her too much, but she had the surgery. She swears she would never do that again. She was in her 70's, and it bothered her from then on. The rehab was very painful for her. I know yours may be worse....so I guess i am no help what so ever!